Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
SeriousBlack

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS HB
Tiger Woods, John Edwards, Elliot Spitzer and Me

I've been visiting this forum since 2007 and I don't know if there's ever been a thread that allows cheating husbands/boyfriends to confess their sins. I'm not talking about the infidelity that gets splashed on magazine covers and cable entertainment shows. I'm talking about the indiscretions that we males allow ourselves when we make "covert" purchases for that mistress that sits quietly in our garage while we go to bed with our women. That harlot that asks for little other than fuel, cold air and a regular oil change. Most of us have one gentlemen - and her name is "Yaris".

In the past six weeks, I have slowly but surely diverted funds in the form of cash, undisclosed cashed cheques and small Visa transactions in anticipation of that special anniversary that we drool for every year - the shedding of the winters and the return of spring.

In a dark, rarely visited corner of my basement sit a new set of Tokico HP Blues and a set of H&R sport springs. On Tuesday, I will quietly slip the border to pick up my TRD rear sway bar. All of this is leading to what I hope will be a purchase of some Rota RB rims and rubber for the patient temptress I call SeriousBlack.

I won't go into the details of the "hows" and "wheres" but I'm curious as to how often our brethren have been "creative" in their purchases of Yarii parts, accessories, and other goodies. Don't get me wrong - married 16 yrs and love my wife...and I know there are SOME women on this site...but seriously guys, let's hear from the cheaters. How did you pull the purchases off? Have you gotten busted? Where do you hide stuff? How do you explain the more "obvious" cosmetic modifications?

And to all of you who, like me, keep a dark secret in your garage, here's to never getting caught!
SeriousBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #2
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
As long as I take care of my responsibilities at home, I can buy whatever I please with my money. Maybes it's because I'm not married, but you shouldn't have to hide your mods. I mean I'm sure your wife spends money on herself too right?
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
SeriousBlack

Of course not - she knows I enjoy the car. In the grand scheme of things, it's a mindless distraction.

From some funny conversations I've had with some fellow husbands and some guys I know that work at some auto shops, I was just curious as to whether anyone else on this site had any similar experiences. By the deafening sound of silence me thinks no.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
My fiancée doesn't really care what I order, she likes to give me crap about it jokingly but the bills are getting paid and I slip in some goodies for her every now and again and she's happy. lol
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
very nice job writing that, it was beautiful
Old 03-24-2011, 01:49 AM   #6
SeriousBlack

Thanks man - after the winter you guys had in Ontario, you've gotta be coveting spring/summer right about now.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #7
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
I have the freedom and liberity to buy whatever I want. Just so long as I keep my 1/2 of the joint checking and investing accounts funded.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:23 AM   #8
SailDesign

Drives: .
I'm getting new shoes, but the wife's car is getting them as well, so all is fine. .
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote