Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #1
Stegalos
I've made a post!

Drives: toyota yaris verso
Replace license plate light, Toyota Yaris Verso?

Hello!

Trying to change the license plate light on our Toyota Yaris Verso -00. But how the hell do I do it?

cant find anywhere to open up or anything. Saw some video of replacing on a regular yaris, but doesnt seem to be the same...

please help =)
Stegalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:42 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegalos View Post
Hello!

Trying to change the license plate light on our Toyota Yaris Verso -00. But how the hell do I do it?

cant find anywhere to open up or anything. Saw some video of replacing on a regular yaris, but doesnt seem to be the same...

please help =)
According to the service manual you have to remove it from inside the hatch door. The light assembly, pictured below, looks just like the one for the regular Yaris, but instead of being mounted into the flexible plastic bumper, it is mounted into sheet metal on the Verso.

To get to the back side of it remove the three clips on the bottom of the inside cover of the hatch and then pull the cover off. You will see the connector and the plastic clip that holds the light in, right behind the rear wiper motor.

Verso License Plate Light.JPG
Old 01-28-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
lol i been trying to do this on my 07 yaris hatch and meeen i cant get it off very frustrating..i get one side to come down a bit but it wont budge.....

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 02:39 AM   #4
yarisinoz

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan YRS 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
According to the service manual you have to remove it from inside the hatch door. The light assembly, pictured below, looks just like the one for the regular Yaris, but instead of being mounted into the flexible plastic bumper, it is mounted into sheet metal on the Verso.

To get to the back side of it remove the three clips on the bottom of the inside cover of the hatch and then pull the cover off. You will see the connector and the plastic clip that holds the light in, right behind the rear wiper motor.

Attachment 52729
Hi CTScott,

Can you advise me where to find the license plate assembly as shown in the picture? I want to put a rear camera inserted in the light assembly but I'm not sure if there is one somewhere.

Daniel
yarisinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 04:51 AM   #5
yarisinoz

Drives: Toyota Yaris Sedan YRS 2006
Never mind, found the item, key was to type NCP93 which refers to Yaris Sedán.

Cheers!!
yarisinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:01 AM   #6
kolos
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris Verso
Definitely you must remove cover from door (3 clips down, 1 on right side and screw on door handle)
kolos is offline   Reply With Quote