Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2017, 11:57 AM   #73
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
There are about three new 2017 Yaris hatchbacks in the entire Portland metro area and one 2018 for 2.39 million people. Toyota dealers are simply not interested in selling them.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #74
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
There are about three new 2017 Yaris hatchbacks in the entire Portland metro area and one 2018 for 2.39 million people. Toyota dealers are simply not interested in selling them.
makes them a rare fun car. its not that their interested its a special car. its literally the only 3 door hatchback toyota sells its aftermarket support is massive and to prevent kids with fart cans like honda and them becoming a "ricer car" toyota hides them. I love my yaris its literally the only car on the road.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #75
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
I'm interested in seeing what Toyota does after this latest ho-hum 2018-2020(?) refresh has run its course. Will they (A) discontinue the sad little Yaris in the U.S. market, (B) let Mazda provide any 'Yaris' badged vehicles for the U.S. via facelifted Mazda2 sedans/hatches, or (C) will they actually create/import an all-new real-Toyota Yaris/Vitz platform/model based on the global architecture system that they seem to be adopting on all new designs rolling out for other models. (C) is likely to happen whether Toyota brings it to the U.S./NA or not, as the Yaris/Vitz is a great seller (and better equipped with options) in other global markets. Time will tell.

I'm also really interested in seeing what Toyota does for a 2019 iM refresh, assuming the 3 year cycle they generally follow. Same with the iA - will they double-down on their current front fascia , or go for something less polarizing? Plus, I believe the Corolla is due for a new design model in 2020 - thank goodness for that.

Last edited by Kalispel; 08-14-2017 at 09:05 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:01 PM   #76
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I'm interested in seeing what Toyota does after this latest ho-hum 2018-2020(?) refresh has run its course. Will they (A) discontinue the sad little Yaris in the U.S. market, (B) let Mazda provide any 'Yaris' badged vehicles for the U.S. via facelifted Mazda2 sedans/hatches, or (C) will they actually create/import an all-new real-Toyota Yaris/Vitz platform/model based on the global architecture system that they seem to be adopting on all new designs rolling out for other models. (C) is likely to happen whether Toyota brings it to the U.S./NA or not, as the Yaris/Vitz is a great seller (and better equipped with options) in other global markets. Time will tell.
when will we get digital controls TRD support VITz turbo 6 speed support TRD rims support side skir support VITZ RZ rear bumper Euro heaights euro bumper? trd exhaust avail from dealer and trd super charger and actual GRMN seats/ SE seat/ fun stuff / no cost option rear seat delete RS led tail lights modesetlla support modified for the LHD market? fuck basic options this is lukewarm sport hatchback thats had plenty of success in vitz cup/ japan toyota needs to step up it has so much freaking support I am toyota USA 3rd gen performance advocate. toyota GB loves me and Im one of the many pushing forces that got that GRMN euro release.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 PM   #77
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
I want a grmn so bad :(
Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM   #78
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
I want a grmn so bad :(
buy the seats from JP car parts or import one in in pieces, seat mounts are pretty much the same or just fabricate a set to fit them. Manual Tranny is manual like just run a piggyback and do a turbo and stuff.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #79
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
Yeah but that's not the same as buying one that's been factory developed. Plus, I'm not brave enough to void my warranty on a car that I have to pay for for the next few years haha.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:47 AM   #80
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
Yeah but that's not the same as buying one that's been factory developed. Plus, I'm not brave enough to void my warranty on a car that I have to pay for for the next few years haha.
i already am about to void it. TRD sports thermostat. modestella double barreled brakes modestella pads TRD 17" rim TF1 modsetella brake pads. dilect brake lines TRD. im going to see if i can fit the mechanical LSD. 2014 euro bumper. sportivo kit trd lowering springs. SE Seats SE steering wheel. Toyota Yaris extention box. foglights. ummmmm. toyota offers heated seats 3rd party for about 200 or 300? and vitz blue self cleaning mirror glass from japan. Vitz winker mirrors and powerfolding modulel. gonna see how to retrofit or die the trim pieces in black the plastic and modeetella makes a black trim kit i want to replicate badly so figuring out how to die those squishy pieces black will be fun. Doing an SE automtatic tacho reporgrammed cluster retrofit. hks Is vpro ecu. TRD sports exhaust magnaflow highflow cat. Turbo. Forged internals. metal headgasket port n polish light weight pullies. TRD intake. 35% tint. the works. TRD baging. TRD gas cap. vitz lower accent genuine side sticker. did i miss anything? NEONS bro no jk. Oh and vitz also has a rear step guard and geuinine light entry kit. cause PUDDLE LIGHTS.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #81
Captain Yaris

Drives: 2016 Yaris 3 Dr Super White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
i already am about to void it. TRD sports thermostat. modestella double barreled brakes modestella pads TRD 17" rim TF1 modsetella brake pads. dilect brake lines TRD. im going to see if i can fit the mechanical LSD. 2014 euro bumper. sportivo kit trd lowering springs. SE Seats SE steering wheel. Toyota Yaris extention box. foglights. ummmmm. toyota offers heated seats 3rd party for about 200 or 300? and vitz blue self cleaning mirror glass from japan. Vitz winker mirrors and powerfolding modulel. gonna see how to retrofit or die the trim pieces in black the plastic and modeetella makes a black trim kit i want to replicate badly so figuring out how to die those squishy pieces black will be fun. Doing an SE automtatic tacho reporgrammed cluster retrofit. hks Is vpro ecu. TRD sports exhaust magnaflow highflow cat. Turbo. Forged internals. metal headgasket port n polish light weight pullies. TRD intake. 35% tint. the works. TRD baging. TRD gas cap. vitz lower accent genuine side sticker. did i miss anything? NEONS bro no jk. Oh and vitz also has a rear step guard and geuinine light entry kit. cause PUDDLE LIGHTS.

Subbed!
Captain Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #82
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yaris View Post
Subbed!
see you in 5 years.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #83
deng
Radical Dreamer

Drives: off of T9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowFox View Post
i already am about to void it...
Someone's a TuRD whore. ;)

Just an FYI, TRD Direct Brake Lines are made for an RS. Which means rear disc brakes, the lines won't bolt up to drum brakes. Cheapest and easiest solution is to just go with some StopTech or Goodridge SS lines. Expensive route is the SE rear disc conversion. Anywho, good luck with all those goody parts and still being slow. :)

Join the voided warranty club.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #84
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deng View Post

Just an FYI, TRD Direct Brake Lines are made for an RS. Which means rear disc brakes, the lines won't bolt up to drum brakes. Cheapest and easiest solution is to just go with some StopTech or Goodridge SS lines. Expensive route is the SE rear disc conversion. Anywho, good luck with all those goody parts and still being slow. :)

SE brake disc conversion....

Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #85
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:

..... 300 whp in a 2300 pound car...

Old 08-16-2017, 12:29 PM   #86
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:

... its all about how you drive...

this is a twisties car not a drag strip highway pulls car.....

....im pretty sure im doing this for OEM+ factor not really going 200 MPH 10000 Hp -2 camber neon green stripped out dry carbon body. race machine.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:31 PM   #87
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:

eventhough i do want to strip the body down and weld chassis bracing to the frame because it flexes next option is TRD door stablizer.

v thousands of dollars.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:57 PM   #88
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:

300 hp in 2335 pound car plus smaller objects by laws of physics move faster then a bigger car with FWD and an auto general calculation is 4.528 seconds 0-60

Old 08-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #89
91mustang

Drives: Charcoal 2012 Yaris SE 5 Speed
Quote:

Where are y'all finding these part numbers from?

I'm not seeing anything available other than the run of the mill filter stuff.
91mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:29 PM   #90
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91mustang View Post
Where are y'all finding these part numbers from?

I'm not seeing anything available other than the run of the mill filter stuff.
Magic Land :D