Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2018, 07:48 PM   #19
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherdrunk View Post
interesting

i had no idea they help high speed stability

i thought it was only wind noise suppression

thanks for posting
generally toyota designs things that are functional instead of trying to just copy something. thats why their cars are generally so bland and expensive because the design is slippery and functional in the sake of economy.

because of the design of the yaris it pulls a 0.30 c/d (3rd gen till the 2017 redesign) with the 2007 onwards yaris pulling 0.29 C/d yet the third gen is more efficient due to its European design.

also the oem wing helps with stability, as does fitting the side skirts from the factory, and the rear stablizer bar and if you add 16 or 17 inch rims with the lower springs you will add stability as everthing for that car all works together to make it into a normal car.
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #20
RicStyx

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris 1.3 -3rd Gen
So I could hear they where working, today I saw them. Driving on the freeway I had to clear my window so I jetted the water and when it was pushed to the drivers side, I could see the whole stream being pushed over the wing mirror area and along my drivers window. Very interesting to watch.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
RicStyx is offline   Reply With Quote