Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
Lewis
Our off road vehicle

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
seat belt chime disable?

Hi from a new Yaris owner. Like the car but the seatbelt chime drives me nuts. I use the hatch to pick up and drop off a lot of gardening supplies and having to buckle and unbuckle the belt as I drive around my property is a MAJOR PITA.

I saw this technique on the Corolla website to disable the chime. Has any one tried this on the Yaris- does it work?

1. turn ignition to ON, do not start car or touch brakes. 2. set trip meter to ODO, not Trip A or Trip B 3. turn ignition back off to LOCK 4. turn ignition to ON again, this time press and hold trip meter button within 6 seconds of turning ignition to ON 5. hold button for 12 seconds*, then while holding button, fasten driver's seat belt * you must hold for at least 12 seconds or it won't work! 6. trip meter LCD should now display b-off or b-on... you want it set to b-off. you can release the button at this point and press it again to cycle the options. 7. wait for the trip meter LCD to return to normal, turn off ignition. That should turn off the seat belt chime,
Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote