Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Hawaii
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
frannis

Drives: '09 Yaris Sedan
NEWB ASKING FOR HELP!

Hey,

I'm a new addition to the Yaris family. Bought a used 09 4-door from Servco and am loving it. Although I may not be a HUGE enthusiast as most people are, I figure since we're all Yaris owners..it's safe to ask questions here.

First of all..I have manual windows & locks. I am wondering if it's worth it to put an alarm system and if so, what would be the best @ a reasonable price. I asked Servco what their price was and said it'd be better to go aftermarket, any thoughts?

Secondly, where's the best place to get tint? T&T tinting the best? Or can I get the same professional results @ a cheaper price somewhere else?

Thanks for your time..great to be part of the community!

Frannis
09 Sedan
frannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
chexmix

Drives: scion xb
sups man.. i have manual window and locks.. but ima put 2way alarm just because of security... if someone hit me or brake the glass.. then it will warn me... for the tint.. i went tintzone.. was 90 i think...
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
frannis

Drives: '09 Yaris Sedan
@chex are you satisfied with the work tintzone produced? i just checked their website, alarm + tint for $250. sounds too good to be true..do you know anything about that? must be a cheap or basic alarm if that's the case.
frannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 12:24 AM   #4
chexmix

Drives: scion xb
i think the alarm is just one way.. but they need to add cable actuator...which iuno how much it is.. there work is good... fast too.. i only wanted them to tint the back 3 windows...
chexmix is offline   Reply With Quote