Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
Does anyone use Vinylex?

I just received delivery of my new 2012 Yaris L a couple of days ago. Words simply cannot describe how happy I am with my new purchase. I want everything to stay as perfect as possible, so want to do everything right from the beginning.

With so much plastic inside this car, I probably need to go ahead and start protecting it as soon as possible. However, I do not want to use anything harmful to the interior surfaces.

Having read about a product called "Vinylex," I was wondering if any Yaris owners curently use or have any experience with it. Any and all comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #2
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
After reading so many positive reviews praising Vinylex in other forums, I decided to give it a try.

The best way I found to apply it is with a small sponge. Also, with the grooved pattern in the plastic, it is best to follow the lines versus the circular motion suggested on the bottle. I used a dry cloth to finish.

Once applied, there is only a slight sheen, which I prefer over a high-gloss finish. As of now, I am pleased with the results. Vinylex contains a sunscreen, too.

Just FYI: Vinylex is made by Lexol, which is the (more well-known) leather protectant product.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote