Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
jayeh

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
Rear Bumper side impact - things to check.

So an inattentive driver decided they would drive into my little car today. They snagged the lower passenger side corner of the bumper cover right behind the rear wheel.

It was a pretty minor hit, but I can now push in the bumper cover in where they hit me. Anyone take apart the bumper to know what I'm in for?

If I'm reading the FSM properly then perhaps it might just be the "side seal" that is broken?

Here is a pic so you can see where I got crunched!

TIA Guys!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The seal is the black plastic wheel well liner. More likely the bumper side clip is broken. You may also find that the impact absorbing foam piece is in pieces on that side.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
jayeh

I think I'll just take it to a body shop then.

Glad I'm not the one paying for it!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #4
jayeh

I put the car up on the ramps today and took a look. The side seal was just out of place. Two new body clips and it'll be good as new. I'm going to see if the paint scuff will buff out.

The bumper shock absorber looks fine. The impact area was nowhere near it. I reached up and gave it a good poke nothing seemed loose, and no pieces of foam were falling down.