Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2016, 05:40 AM   #1
junorico24

Drives: toyota yaris yrs
Suv vs Wagon..

Which is better? I mean i can't decide we there to get a Nissan X trail or Subaru Legacy wagon.

Both have massive trunk. I have driven the Nissan X trail 2.5 manual. It was smooth and comfortable and all that. But FUN? nah..
junorico24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 06:44 AM   #2
my07ty

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I've always been more partial to wagons. Subaru's are good cars. Just make sure you keep up on fluid changes, and it'll last forever
my07ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:28 PM   #3
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Nissan is probably more rugged, but the Subaru is probably a tad more reliable. However, in my research Subaru's are not nearly as reliable as a Toyota. Not even close. Neither is Honda. Check out longtermqualityindex.com. A lot of very useful information.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
junorico24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
Nissan is probably more rugged, but the Subaru is probably a tad more reliable. However, in my research Subaru's are not nearly as reliable as a Toyota. Not even close. Neither is Honda. Check out longtermqualityindex.com. A lot of very useful information.
You're right it's not as reliable or is it as boring as Toyota.

I've been reading the Suv handles like a hog because of the higher center of gravity. I don't think I want to drive a big hog of a car around it feels more like a truck than a car. BUT it's hella comfortable the seats snug ya and you won't hardly feel pot holes. Making long journeys a breeze.

The subaru wagon probably drives like a proper car with the constant all wheel drive equals better grip. They both have massive trunk space.

Are you saying i should get a RAV 4?
Old 02-15-2016, 10:44 PM   #5
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
My vote would be a Toyota RAV 4.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:20 AM   #6
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Originally Posted by junorico24 View Post
You're right it's not as reliable or is it as boring as Toyota.

I've been reading the Suv handles like a hog because of the higher center of gravity. I don't think I want to drive a big hog of a car around it feels more like a truck than a car. BUT it's hella comfortable the seats snug ya and you won't hardly feel pot holes. Making long journeys a breeze.

The subaru wagon probably drives like a proper car with the constant all wheel drive equals better grip. They both have massive trunk space.

Are you saying i should get a RAV 4?
I wouldn't say a Nissan or a Subaru is any more exciting to drive than a Toyota. Completely depends on the specific model. A WRX is kinda kewl tho. I don't drive automatics, so a Rav4 isn't for me, but whatever floats your boat. Get what you want. And it doesn't matter if you buy a Subie, as Toyota is the largest owner of Subaru. Buy a Subie and keep Toyota rich.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 04:48 PM   #7
junorico24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I wouldn't say a Nissan or a Subaru is any more exciting to drive than a Toyota. Completely depends on the specific model. A WRX is kinda kewl tho. I don't drive automatics, so a Rav4 isn't for me, but whatever floats your boat. Get what you want. And it doesn't matter if you buy a Subie, as Toyota is the largest owner of Subaru. Buy a Subie and keep Toyota rich.

NAH, G!

I've decided to get a Nissan Stagea V6 Turbo AWD beast. It shares the same flat form as a Nissan Skyline And it's considerably cheaper

Here's one from a mighty car mods a V8 turbo conversion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDGM7noTJw
Old 02-28-2016, 07:21 PM   #8
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
I drove a Micra and Versa before deciding on the Yaris. To me, it felt like a world of difference between them.

In general I find Toyota's to be more spacious and confortable than Nissan's, but to each their own.

(Except the FRS/BRZ, i could never get adjusted to that seating position...)
Old 02-28-2016, 10:32 PM   #9
junorico24

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader166 View Post
I drove a Micra and Versa before deciding on the Yaris. To me, it felt like a world of difference between them.

In general I find Toyota's to be more spacious and confortable than Nissan's, but to each their own.

(Except the FRS/BRZ, i could never get adjusted to that seating position...)

You are right. I have a Yaris as well and I am keeping it the plan is to put a ZRFE in it

But I am after something more. I drove the Nissan Xtrail it feels like a truck.

Then i found these two gems. Nissan Stagea and Mitsubishi Legnum. Two v6 turbo beast.

Daym! The Yaris is a reliable daily but for power and excitement that i want the V6 turbo is the way to go.

Wagon trunk space with AWD turbo monster performance.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:28 PM   #10
junorico24

There's also the Toyota Caldina straight 4 turbo AWD.

The general consesus Legnum>Stagea>Caldina.

But in terms of MPG and reliability the Caldina trumps both imo.

Caldina it is for me.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #11
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
My vote is go with the Subaru wagon. In my opinion it'll b more rugged and take more abuse. Nissan's don't seems to last very long in regards to their engines and tranny's.

Subary's are bombproof if you get a non turbo version as a daily driver an don't try and tune it. Subaru's reliability , gone down due to the high amount of tuners that own wrx' and what not. It skews the numbers quite a bit. Their other dd's are long lasting engines.

I was thinking about the Rav4 for my fiancee when her Echo eventually goes. Ended up choosing an Outback instead, the newer Rav4's are disappointing IMO compared to what you can get for the same amount of money and fuel consumption numbers
Old 03-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #12
junorico24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
My vote is go with the Subaru wagon. In my opinion it'll b more rugged and take more abuse. Nissan's don't seems to last very long in regards to their engines and tranny's.

Subary's are bombproof if you get a non turbo version as a daily driver an don't try and tune it. Subaru's reliability , gone down due to the high amount of tuners that own wrx' and what not. It skews the numbers quite a bit. Their other dd's are long lasting engines.

I was thinking about the Rav4 for my fiancee when her Echo eventually goes. Ended up choosing an Outback instead, the newer Rav4's are disappointing IMO compared to what you can get for the same amount of money and fuel consumption numbers

I drove my sis Subaru Impreza it didn't impress me.

What about Toyota Caldina? Corolla on roids AWD TURBO!