Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #1
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Drives: Absolute Red 2009 Yaris HB
portable gaming system

This is my other hobby.here is a gameboy shell modded to be a Retro Pi Zero (simple) with 3 easy access usb ports and one hidden usb port.

You can see i struggled with the lettering for this, originally i was just going to remove the original lettering and add a custom graphic, but i couldn't get that to work so i had to redo it a few times and ended up making a rough spot in the case.

the notch in the top right of the battery compartment is where the hidden USB port is located.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Golddeenoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Wtf is this?

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:28 AM   #3
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

it is emulator that allows playing of a variety of older games in one system. i can play all the various game-boy games, super Nintendo, NES, sega, atari and quite a few more. it just a side hobby when i'm not out playing with my yaris.
mods:15''Drag DR21 w/Nitto NeoGen 205/50R15, Tanabe DF210 lowering springs 1.6/1.8, TRD Rear Sway Bar, Tanabe Front Sway Bar, Micro Image Short Throw Shift Kit (both in and under), 8.64lbs flywheel, F1 Stage 4 Clutch, AEM Cold Air Intake (Red), Megan Racing Header, DC Sports Axle Back Exhaust, Micro Image Crank Pulley, NST lite Alternator Pulley, ARP Manifold Stud Kit,Tanabe Front Strut Tower Brace, ScanGuage II, Micro Image Silicone Radiator Hose Kit (Red), NRG Carbon Fiber Shift Knob (round), 2009-2011 Toyota Yaris Liftback Foglight kit, NRG Grounding Kit (Red), Hella Horns(Red),CF Hood
Old 04-17-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Where do you run the games off of? Cell phone via usb?

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 01:36 AM   #5
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
I'm looking g forward to the upcoming new Nintendo system. Supposed to be very powerful.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #6
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Where do you run the games off of? Cell phone via usb?
emulated, i have the games and operating system on a Micro SD card. the usb is that i can use a flash drive to add more games to it, or add a usb wifi and keyboard to change the settings or take stuff off of it.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
When the Pi etc first came out I thought "GREAT! Now I have a cheap,reliable little brain to use in projects". I've still not built anything with one yet.....

Have fun with the build, and the emulators. If you haven't looked for them yet, try finding modded versions of your favourite games. There are some really good ones out there.

Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:56 PM   #8
Golddeenoh
Takes corners too fast!

I like them, when the Pi Zero came out i jumped all over the chance to use them, and at $5 each i have slowly gained a few to use on later projects.