Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #505
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ It was on the car well over a year, with a lot of street driving, some track dates and some drag racing.

Clutchmasters makes a very good twin disc, as you show above. But you are still looking at a minimum of $1200. Even as a dealer, I decided I can't afford to go that far with it.

CM was good enough to build me a new Stage 4 with 300-400 more pounds of pressure. Should last a good long while.

I'd rather have the clutch break first -- better than the transmission.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:04 AM   #506
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ It was on the car well over a year, with a lot of street driving, some track dates and some drag racing.

Clutchmasters makes a very good twin disc, as you show above. But you are still looking at a minimum of $1200. Even as a dealer, I decided I can't afford to go that far with it.

CM was good enough to build me a new Stage 4 with 300-400 more pounds of pressure. Should last a good long while.

I'd rather have the clutch break first -- better than the transmission.
Agree on the transmission quote ...

Although I would thought it would last longer for sure!

Mine was bought used which only god knows how much miles had. Stage 3 Spec clutch and still clamping hard after 4 years
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #507
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Do you think its possible, that being there are only a handful of people who run 350+ whp on a 1nz motor, that the disigners probably laughed when someone said, "lets make a stage 4 for a 1nz". Then got bored and half-assed it because in thier mind they are chuckling, that 1nz will blow up before this clutch see's a flywheel.

just a scenario played thru my head when I saw Garms attachment.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #508
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Stage 3 Spec clutch and still clamping hard after 4 years
Which includes about 3 years of down time? LOL Just saying.
There are plenty of pictures of fried Spec clutches out there too. I don't think it's the brand. A CM Stage 2 lasted 3+ years on my 450 whp Scion tC - go figure.

@ilikerice -- maybe, but I doubt it. Clutchmasters is a serious company, and not as large as you'd think.

It's possible the pressure plate was defective or warped, then failed suddenly. The good news is that they stepped up and took care of me; just like I do with my customers.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #509
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Quote:

@ilikerice -- maybe, but I doubt it. Clutchmasters is a serious company, and not as large as you'd think.

It's possible the pressure plate was defective or warped, then failed suddenly. The good news is that they stepped up and took care of me; just like I do with my customers.
yea yea, I was kidding. i agree. I was just thinking of a funny skit that would be funny. I know they are very reputable and that is awesome that they are taking care of you like that.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #510
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
It never stops. I just did this to my clutch:

WOW. Never seen that happen before.

I hope that was just a defective plate or something considering the tC currently has the same clutch + more power

Really glad to hear CM got behind their product though. That's how it should be.

Also Parmas - I think it goes without saying that there's pretty much always going to be issues when you have such a heavily modified car. A small (although sometimes large lol) price to pay for a good time.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #511
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
Quote:
Which includes about 3 years of down time? LOL Just saying.
There are plenty of pictures of fried Spec clutches out there too. I don't think it's the brand. A CM Stage 2 lasted 3+ years on my 450 whp Scion tC - go figure.

Maybe 2 years of downtime but when it goes out I surely abuse the most out of it!

Should been a defect since I like clutchmasters and I am happy to see they are actually caring for their customers !
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #512
Blown_xa

Drives: Scion xA
Have had my ACT 6 puck for almost 3 years... so far so good. Car had 99,000 on it when it went in, have 134,000 now. I have done a whole lot of racing.

Ptuning.com
Blown_xa is offline   Reply With Quote