Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM   #55
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
That's easy to say for someone like you, who can easily make things. I didn't build the motor, mostly I watch and comment. If I have a bolt-on solution, I'll choose it over the extra time to make something.

Your assumption is that it's easy for anyone -- hmmm, seems like that's come up in your posts before?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 09:43 PM   #56
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
That's easy to say for someone like you, who can easily make things. I didn't build the motor, mostly I watch and comment. If I have a bolt-on solution, I'll choose it over the extra time to make something.

Your assumption is that it's easy for anyone -- hmmm, seems like that's come up in your posts before?
so tell the guy who's doing the work what i said
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 AM   #57
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Drives: 2009 Bayou Yaris Liftback
Man .. I sure am jealous ... I need a new job and more $$$ lol.

ambientlifestyle.com------------ambientlifestyle.ning.com

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
microimageonline.com------------microimage.ning.com
Treyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #58
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyz View Post
Man .. I sure am jealous ... I need to sell parts on the internet to kids too....

amen brotha
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM   #59
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Hahah lol ... I was like wait .. did I say that? I thought I wrote something totally different.

You know the saying though .. you need to have money to make money. I'll get there one day.

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
Old 03-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #60
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
You know the saying though .. you need to have money to make money. I'll get there one day.
I see it as you need to have little money to make alot of money, but you need to have the knowledge to do so.

there have been many times where i invested small and made out pretty good
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #61
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
so tell the guy who's doing the work what i said
I had to read that like 5 times - now I get it!

Sometimes you can make money with other people's money
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:37 PM   #62
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

UPDATES MARCH 1:

Relocated the intercooler where it belongs -- behind the lower grill. Now it will be fully functional:

Installed a multi-pin jack for the AEM in the firewall:

And installed the AEM EMS behind the glovebox:

...next is intercooler piping and throttle body/cable/pedal.....
Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #63
Treyz
~ ambient one ~

Garm, I thought the AEM was the problem and you were looking for something else in terms of the tuning?

Micro Image
Store - Network - Online
Old 03-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #64
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

That was the AEM-FIC piggyback. This is the full-blown AEM EMS standalone.

$400 vs. $2000
Old 03-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #65
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
The AEM EMS is a great unit with a lot of possibilities. I have quite a few friends around here that use them with great results.

I don't know if it's been brought up in this thread or others but are you going with any improved cooling systems (Coolant or oil). If you have the car in the state it's in it would definitely be the time to do so.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #66
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
i am tempted to suggest painting the intercooler flat black for a more sleeper look. but on the other hand as you plan to change the front bumper, you probably will want it to be quite visible

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #67
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ yeah, haven't decided about that yet. I've been told it doesn't work as well painted, but I'm not sure.

crandall, oil cooler for sure, and I have sent a stock radiator off to C&R for them to make me a custom one. The new one can be about 6" wider since we've removed that black plastic whatever from the left side, and all the A/C is gone including the condenser.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #68
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
^ yeah, haven't decided about that yet. I've been told it doesn't work as well painted, but I'm not sure.

crandall, oil cooler for sure, and I have sent a stock radiator off to C&R for them to make me a custom one. The new one can be about 6" wider since we've removed that black plastic whatever from the left side, and all the A/C is gone including the condenser.
i would think the paint would act as isolation so the heat wont dissipate well
could it be ionized?

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #69
Crandall
H8R

Drives: 08 White RS
Quote:

Nice choice on going wider. I know any of the rads for our cars right now are only the half rads and those leave something to be desired.

I wouldn't put any intercooler black especially since you live in a warm climent and would run the risk of heat soaking the intercooler. Which defeats the purpose of the intercooler to begin with. The only real time that you might want to paint it black is if you're running low amounts of boost (5ish PSI).
Old 03-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #70
Arkhangel

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crandall View Post
Nice choice on going wider. I know any of the rads for our cars right now are only the half rads and those leave something to be desired.

I wouldn't put any intercooler black especially since you live in a warm climent and would run the risk of heat soaking the intercooler. Which defeats the purpose of the intercooler to begin with. The only real time that you might want to paint it black is if you're running low amounts of boost (5ish PSI).
Why is this??

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. --Tom Clancy
Arkhangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 AM   #71
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkhangel View Post
Why is this??
he's feeding misinformation.. ignore it.
you nailed it sir.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #72
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
personally i have no experience with boosted applications, but if major auto makers dont use blacked out intercoolers for their evos or srt4s, for looks purposes i would assume its inferior than the silver bare metal versions out there now.

as for running low boost with a black i/c...um last i checked, boost is boost...and it really doesnt matter if your running 5 or 20, but ldoing something that lowers the efficiency of the system is going to effect its total outcome regardless.

in other words if you black out a intercooler for a low boost application. it would be just as bad using it on a high boost application. if not multiplied many times over, due to the increased need for efficiency.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote