Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2009, 02:13 AM   #1
joseyaris

Drives: 08 yaris 1.5
Question zage turbo kit..! just need some help

whats up well this is my first post.. well my name is.jose im from el salvador. but i always go to boston..i got a toyota yaris. 1.5 and i was looking to put a turbo kit.. and the only one i have found is the zage turbo kit. i want some decent power.so this kit looks really great..and i like it because its a bolt on !

but i got some questions.. in the website i didnt found the price , just want to know how much does it cost.

what more do i need besides the turbo kit, ?

and it says the turbo kit doesnt have like a engine management and have been told me that i need to get the greddy e-manage for the ecu,and if do i really need it?

do i need like a boost controller or a auto timer..?

and is really a good brand , has someone had problems with this turbo kit?

do you think i need to get a new clutch?

i will be getting the trd exhaust .

thanks

Last edited by joseyaris; 10-20-2009 at 02:47 AM.
joseyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #2
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
welcome to the forum! lol i cant help .. but someone will :) just wanted to say welcome!
Old 10-20-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
joseyaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyGiant View Post
welcome to the forum! lol i cant help .. but someone will :) just wanted to say welcome!
well, thanks.i really appreciate it!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Hey. I'll say some stuff, but I'm not THAT familiar with turbos.

As for yarisworld, I believe there is no one from the USA that has bought or installed the ZAGE turbo kit. However, overseas, there have been people that used and are still using is sucessfully. Some people, here in the states, have been wondering if you could use the parts with the ZAGE kit, but change out to a better turbo and etc. However, no one has had the balls to do that yet.

If it says there needs management, the Greddy Emanage Ultimate would be a good E-manage to get; but it's kind of expensive. However, if your tuner is good, he could get the AEM FiC to work. It's cheaper, but no one has been successful at tuning it yet. Some people have gotten the Greddy E-Manage Blue to work, but the Greddy Emanage Ultimate is better. You could always get a standalone EMS, but that is super expensive.

I don't think you'd NEED a boost controller. I believe having a turbo timer would be a safe investment. Those aren't too expensive. You wouldn't need to upgrade to a new clutch for a while. Well, it depends how much WHP you would be putting down. I am putting down 133whp, and my clutch is fine. Once you get around 150whp, i believe you'll be needing a new clutch soon.

You'd probably want a custom turbo-back exhaust set up made.

Here is a thread that was posted on the ZAGE turbo kit...

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=zage+turbo
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 AM   #5
joseyaris

thanks man for your help..

so theres a turbo kit for the yaris or not?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Well besides the ZAGE turbo kit, I believe there is one more kit. However, it does not come with a fuel management and no one has touched that one.

Anyone who has turbo'd successfully, has pieced together their own kit. However, there were talks that using the HKS turbo kit for the xB could work. But I believe there was problems with the manifold, or you would need to reroute your exhaust piping; something along those lines.

But for a short answer....No, there are no plug and play turbo kits for the yaris, and no turbo kits that have been bought and ran on someone's car in the US.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:01 AM   #7
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
I looked into the zage myself and you'll pay about 3-3.5k for the kit, not worth it if you have to buy a turbo and management and maybe do some custom mods to it. You can buy a xb/ xa kit and diy for less than you would with the zage. the hardest part of it would be the downpipe, but at least you will have an amazing turbo and turbo manifold and an ecu, hks or greddy. HKS is the same design as the zage,bottom mount, where the greddy is a top mount.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:36 AM   #8
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Hi there, I've got a couple of friends in Indonesia whose currently using the Zage turbo kit and they're getting good power out from it.

I've also got a friend here whose using a Zage turbo kit on his Suzuki Swift, however the turbo was leaking oil everywhere and he replaced it with a turbo from Garrett.

As for me myself, I'm currently driving a Yaris Sedan with a customized turbo kit.

Engine management wise, I think someone here already pointed out to you the E-Manage is something you may consider. My Indonesian friends are using Dastek Unichip Q+, and I am currently awaiting for my Haltech standalone ECU to arrive.

I've seen Yaris turbos back in my country here running Autronic SM4 ecu and also the Vi-Pec V88 ecu.

You can consider a boost controller if you're planning to run higher boost than the original actuator can hold, and the auto timer is actually something debatable.

People argue that if you're running a turbo with water coolant housings, you don't need a turbo timer. I'm running one myself to be on the safe side.

Hope it helps, thanks!
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
hey i found out the price for this bolt on turbo
it is $1650 USD..
Old 10-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #10
Over40

Drives: SilverYaris
hi, installing Zage turbo-bolt on costed me approx USD 3,400.

The cost consist of:
- the turbo kit (turbine, pipings, intercooler, air filter, etc)
- the piggyback is DASTEK UNICHIP type Q, with a turbo module add-on (which in sub-total cost USD 500)
- piggyback mapping,
- installation & dyno testing.

but I'm here in Indonesia. hope this helps.
Over40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
kou

Drives: 08 lb
When i contacted Zage they told me $1838 shipped and $2288 shipped with Emanage gold.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #12
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
imo it's still better to grab a hks kit and get everything custom made, and I also don't like the fact that part of the piping is on the bottom of the car.
RacerFreakXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #13
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
I like how the pic shows a 5 bolt manifold with only 4 included bolts

http://www.zageturbo.com/upload/pro/...8111115402.jpg
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote