Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #73
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
You'll have to get the Autometer rheostat kit (or similar from somewhere else) to go with those C2's -- they are WAY too bright at night.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #74
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
You'll have to get the Autometer rheostat kit (or similar from somewhere else) to go with those C2's -- they are WAY too bright at night.
What do you mean? The kit turns down the brightness?
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #75
sleey0

http://www.zageturbo.com/pro/proshow.asp?y42j0cl=138

Doesn't look too bad. If you notice there are 10 bolts for the oil pan hahahaha (inside joke)

Love ya and u know who I am talking about:D

Still don't know why the IC inlet and outlet are not even. Any guesses?
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 04:08 PM   #76
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
What do you mean? The kit turns down the brightness?
Yes.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #77
sleey0

So, I got the C2 boost gauge. Garm introduced me to controllers.

Is it ok to use the c2 and mechanical controller like Hallman?

Or would it be best to get the AEM digital gauge controller? If I go with the Tru-Boost it will be the same money wise as C2 and Hallman.

Whaddya think? I think that hallman looks kick ass and it is pretty inexpensive:D

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 07:14 PM   #78
sleey0

Oh and just talked with my buddy doing the install. First he laughed at my engine and said him and a few buddies coiuld lift it out.

Anyway, He says it will take about 1 hour to get the engine out and about 2-3 hours to install pistons/rods and anothe hour to put it back

BUT we will most likely fire it up first to make sure the pistons and rods are ok an there are no leaks anywhere etc.

Then the Zage. He took a look at pics and said maybe a full day, most liekly less. He said the kit looks like good quality. So +1 for Zage!

Wiring the AEM will be the most challenging part, believe it or not. lol Although I have good documentation from you guys here and MI that already did it.

Then we shall do gauges and take it for a spin. If it is driveable than to the dyno it goes (the dyno is like 45min away). If not than the dude has a trailer to bring it there.

A week/week and a half sound about right.

Also he has access to a press so if you guys want AC lines moved professionally maybe he can make some extra off my copy.

Basically getting rid of current AC lines and making new ones that angle and fit without being near heated components.

~Wes

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #79
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Where do you order from that lets you keep cancelling!

Remember, you are going to lose most fluids when doing an engine pull. You really should not have to pull the engine just to do a turbo kit, but if you do, remember to stock up on oil coolant power steering fluid and brake fluid.

You also might not want to pull engine depending on wall clearance, might make it harder to get back in.
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:34 PM   #80
sleey0

Well, oif course I aint't pulling that small bastard to just pu the kit on.

I am getting CP 75mm pistons and Crower rods.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #81
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Still think it would be easier just to remove the head alone and not risk things/fluids too. Also make sure you get some head studs. You cannot reuse stock head studs, most of them now a days are all stretch bolts and thats a no no on reuseability. Same with flywheel bolts.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #82
sleey0

Where can I get 1NZFE head studs?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #83
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Garm got them custom, but Toyota has them for sure i bet at like $5 per stud. Also another way to lower your compression to push more boost is to get a thicker head gasket. I don't know how much your pistons will lower them, but the headgasket is good for another .5 of a drop
Old 10-06-2010, 10:50 PM   #84
Morgan

Drives: 07 MM LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
Used for power or to stave off detonation? Gimme numbers pleeeeease

How long have you been running the SC and meth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
She did, and it cured detonation problems. Meth injection can be used for more mild purposes, guys, not just big power.
I had a Blitz supercharger and the AEM progressive water/meth set up (the one you have pictured). Worked nicely. I mounted the tank to the back of the "40" seat (of the 60/40 rear bench) in the hatch. The regular washer take is 1.1 qts and you'll burn through that quickly enough. Run the lines through the car, they aren't under pressure until after they pass through the pump.

Since I live in Florida and I installed the kit in May of last year, it was hot, well over 95+ most summer days and the methanol kit was to help with pre-detonation. Yes, you can run 100% methanol or yes, you can run 100% water. I never noticed a huge difference, usually I ran tap water with about 30% by volume of methanol.

If you choose to run straight methanol, it can be very expensive for not a lot of return in power - just save yourself the money, the real power is not found (for this car) in adding water/methanol injection. But it is a lot safer to run in hot weather ESPECIALLY since I didn't have an intercooler.

Cooler intake temperatures are never a bad thing.

Good luck, read my archaic posts if you feel like you'd like to waste 20 mins on my ramblings.... or just PM me

ps I knew from the get go that I was going to have water/meth, so I installed it simultaneously with the supercharger... it is a very nice kit, well worth the $400 - just make sure you get refrigerator tubing for the lines from the tank to pump and pump to injector, the ones in the kit are very thin and will break if you run anything higher than a 30% mixture
Old 10-06-2010, 11:54 PM   #85
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
If you choose to run straight methanol, it can be very expensive for not a lot of return in power - just save yourself the money, the real power is not found (for this car) in adding water/methanol injection. But it is a lot safer to run in hot weather ESPECIALLY since I didn't have an intercooler.
Not true. The meth actually lasts quite awhile. Depends on how you drive of course. Since I am maxing out at about 8-9lbs of boost, i have my meth kick in at 2lbs of boost. I also buy HEET to use as my meth, and it's only a couple bucks a bottle at WAL-MART. Takes about maybe 8-9 bottles to fill the entire meth kit? A full tank of meth can last me about a month with my driving. However, I don't street race and go into boost every chance I get....

ps: I wouldn't have even gotten the meth kit if i wasn't going to tune with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
make sure you get refrigerator tubing for the lines from the tank to pump and pump to injector, the ones in the kit are very thin and will break if you run anything higher than a 30% mixture
Not true. I am running 99.9999% meth and my stock hose lines haven't broke....
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 01:07 AM   #86
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
make sure you get refrigerator tubing for the lines from the tank to pump and pump to injector, the ones in the kit are very thin and will break if you run anything higher than a 30% mixture
I run 50/50, and I will also disagree with this.

Where exactly did the 30% come from?
Old 10-07-2010, 01:10 AM   #87
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
He says it will take about 1 hour to get the engine out and about 2-3 hours to install pistons/rods and anothe hour to put it back
That would be the fastest swap I've ever seen. I will keep my healthy skepticism on this detail.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #88
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I am getting CP 75mm pistons and Crower rods.
What compression? If not stock, I'm guessing you'll be in trouble with the ECU and a piggyback.
Old 10-07-2010, 04:00 AM   #89
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Your engine builder is full of shit, will take a few hours to pull the motor correctly. And if your gonna do some piston changes that change compression and or CC you may have some trouble with that piggy back ECU.

Your engine builder is working in dream land and your in for a wake-up call on this whole thing.

My self and Garm got more time under the hood of these cars than your engine builder probably has in his whole career.

Your whole situation is unrealistic and there is a world of issues headed your way.

A few hours to put new pistons and rods in.

Not if you have file fit rings and you want to check everything. Not to mention you need to knoch the block for the Crower rods to clear.

Also there is no ARP head stud kit for this car. You have to go custom like me and Garm. And untill you go big like him and I you don't even warrent them.

Good Luck with this disaster

XBG

Last edited by xbgod; 10-07-2010 at 04:44 AM.
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #90
advocate

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
power steering fluid
don't we have electronic power steering?
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote