Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2014, 07:40 PM   #73
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
OK I have to find it first. Does $150 work for you?
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 09:57 PM   #74
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
$150? its not THAT great. i just ordered a new double DIN HU, wiring, surround for my jetta for 140 to my door

someone buy my exhaust
Old 08-26-2014, 10:04 PM   #75
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Well ...who knows I just may cos I have been hearing odd noise comes and goes like a heat shield but nothing loose I think my exhaust baffles or something like that are making the noise more like ready to go ..lol so I think lol

sent from my S4 on Mars
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:04 PM   #76
aspro

I might move on this, I'd like to hear it first, though. Patiently waiting for that vid, Barber.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #77
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
$150? its not THAT great. i just ordered a new double DIN HU, wiring, surround for my jetta for 140 to my door

someone buy my exhaust
I'm sure he will counter my offer. Not really sure what to ask for it. If he's interested I'm sure we can make something work where we are both satisfied.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:09 PM   #78
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheekeebut View Post
Yes, please do bring the stereo, as I'd love to keep it OEM, of course if the price is right. Nice clean look from the side, aspro. Reminds me of the Peugeot 206
Thanks, this is my new set up.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:07 AM   #79
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
I might move on this, I'd like to hear it first, though. Patiently waiting for that vid, Barber.
Posting this in two threads to ensure you see it.

Chances are high a video will not be found.

I have heard this exhaust a few times when it was installed on the original owners car. At WOT, it is louder than TRD and my Medalion Touring, with a pleasant throaty gurgle at idle and cruising. Given the anal nature of the original owner, I can tell you that everything he did to his car had to make sense. This means that the sound of the exhaust had to be in line with the image the car was portraying. Hence the reason he had Hot Rod Scotts replace the muffler they original incorporated into the build with the one currently in the system being sold.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM   #80
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Drives: 07 silver sedan
Would love to see this at the West GTA meet...

...minus the roof rack...
...or plus kickass bikes on roof rack!
Quote:
Thanks, this is my new set up.
sheekeebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #81
aspro

Quote:
Would love to see this at the West GTA meet...

...minus the roof rack...
...or plus kickass bikes on roof rack!
Ill be there on the 10th. So you will get a chance to see it.

Roof Racks stay... To me now, it`s like leaving the house commando... Just doesn't feel right, nor looks right. Plus I need all the downforce I can get. All of the 100+ HP this feather packs just keeps grabbing air. I sent a very sincere letter to Toyota inquiring about the absence of an altimeter in the Yaris... Needless to say, they never responded.

I`d put the bikes on there but I can`t justify hauling the bike carriers and the bikes just for a meet. I guess I just aint` JDM enough, yet... Roof racks FTW; bike carriers and bikes FTL.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #82
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
Posting this in two threads to ensure you see it.

Chances are high a video will not be found.

I have heard this exhaust a few times when it was installed on the original owners car. At WOT, it is louder than TRD and my Medalion Touring, with a pleasant throaty gurgle at idle and cruising. Given the anal nature of the original owner, I can tell you that everything he did to his car had to make sense. This means that the sound of the exhaust had to be in line with the image the car was portraying. Hence the reason he had Hot Rod Scotts replace the muffler they original incorporated into the build with the one currently in the system being sold.
I can`t risk it without hearing it first - as Anal as the original owner of the exhaust was, well, you haven`t met me yet. A Db louder than mine is already and I won`t sleep at night knowing that it`s louder than I want it to be. Im doing this solely for more flow. I have a cai and dc header with the trd axle back and I have an MI intake manifold on order. My theory is I have all of this clean high flow air coming in from the intake set up and approximately 2/3`s of the exhaust free flowing with the header and axle back so all I`m really missing is free flowing the rest of the exhaust. Gains will probably be minimal but I just want to try it to confirm my theory or put it to rest and just enjoy the satisfaction of knowing that I tried it.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #83
sheekeebut
Minimalist

Either I ask now or at meet:

What did you budget for this whole flow overhaul?
Old 08-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #84
aspro

Quote:
Either I ask now or at meet:

What did you budget for this whole flow overhaul?
Budget?... hmm, didn`t set a number, after years of modding cars buying and flipping and loosing (and sometimes gaining) with cars I just kind of know now. You can`t really put a price on it if the results are positive. I`ve already got about 4K in this car and I`m approaching the end of my "invisible" budget. But if something comes along that has a positive effect on the car and meets the criteria then I will gladly spend the money.

I don`t plan to spend too much on this car. This is my work car and daily driver, although I have grown very fond of the capabilities of this car, if I really want to go fast I`ve got a few options in my garage. But that doesn`t mean I don`t want to seek this cars potential... in a safe and Naturally Aspirated manner.

I also don`t want to spend money on something that will void my own specific preferences i.e sound being one of them.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 08-27-2014, 03:49 PM   #85
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Aspro, Whether you have the midpipe section that's 1.75 inches replaced with two or two and a quarter or buy this header-back exhaust to your exhaust will get louder. I went the midpipe route on mine originally....

To be honest it made a very noticeable difference in power getting rid of that tiny exhaust
Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #86
aspro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
Aspro, Whether you have the midpipe section that's 1.75 inches replaced with two or two and a quarter or buy this header-back exhaust to your exhaust will get louder. I went the midpipe route on mine originally....

To be honest it made a very noticeable difference in power getting rid of that tiny exhaust
Isn't your car boosted? I'm sure a boosted car would definitely feel the benefits of a more open exhaust than a n/a would.

I need to think it over. What cats and resonators are you running on the header back?
My experience with after market cats and resonators isn't that great. Mind you I have always used magnaflow parts. Maybe that was my problem. I'm sure half of the heat shields found on the 401 have come from my cars haha.

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
Old 08-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #87
sheekeebut
Minimalist

You're definitely right about at least offering.

And true, if a Bluetooth aftermarket deck can be had for $100, I may consider losing this stock look for interior functionality, at the cost of worrying about leaving a faceplate in the car.

I'd say for your deck in great condition, $40 because this would only be to obtain tablet/phone music connectivity.

If that's too low, you can ask exiwolfman how I can sweeten this offer. Though if you accept, you might end up with a heart attack, or type 2 diabetes.

Quote:
I'm sure he will counter my offer. Not really sure what to ask for it. If he's interested I'm sure we can make something work where we are both satisfied.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:52 PM   #88
sheekeebut
Minimalist

By the way, does it look like this?

http://images.sc1.netdna-cdn.com/D/F...ed-image-1.jpg
Old 08-28-2014, 12:41 AM   #89
aspro

Quote:
By the way, does it look like this?

http://images.sc1.netdna-cdn.com/D/F...ed-image-1.jpg
Kind of but not exactly. I'm going to look for it tomorrow and post a pic, OK?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 AM   #90
aspro

Quote:
You're definitely right about at least offering.

And true, if a Bluetooth aftermarket deck can be had for $100, I may consider losing this stock look for interior functionality, at the cost of worrying about leaving a faceplate in the car.

I'd say for your deck in great condition, $40 because this would only be to obtain tablet/phone music connectivity.

If that's too low, you can ask exiwolfman how I can sweeten this offer. Though if you accept, you might end up with a heart attack, or type 2 diabetes.
$40 is definitely too low. $80 would work and exiwolfman can keep his type 2 diabetes. Haha everyone one wins!