Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
BatMobile

Drives: 2008 Yaris
tach for my hatch back

sorry i'm a girl when it comes to cars, i've been trying to figure out if there is a way i can get a tach for my little 08 hatch. Help please?
Old 07-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
you have 2 options basically. either spring the money on the oem gauge cluster with the tach ("S" model) or you can follow a DIY thread on here and add one in yourself.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Henry G.

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
One other option and its easy and is more than a tach: Scan gauge II. Installs in 5 minutes, its plug and play. PLUS you get much more information than the stock gauges, air intake temps, coolant temps in degrees, speed, it stores and clears trouble codes, volts, and like 20 other functions. You get to pick your favorite 4 for the main display, and you can adjust the background color and brightness. At night I turn the gauges off and just drive with it, easier to see out in the dark. Worth every penny, it plugs in to your computer port at under the dash and you run the wire up behind the steering column and mount it with velcro tape behind the steering wheel or anywhere else you want it. I love mine. And it transfers to other vehicles too. The only down side about the tach function is that is will only scan the rpms every half second or second so there is a small lag time, especially if your accelerating fast. Yeah thats a big problem on this car!

http://www.scangauge.com/

Best price is usually on Ebay, if you get a second cord you can more easily move it back n forth between two cars if you want.
Henry G. is offline   Reply With Quote