Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
Lazerdot

Drives: Blazing Blue 08 liftback
Lookin for YARICROSSERS

Please bring your Yaris to the local SCCA or Equipe Rapide events in the DFW area. I'll be at the next ER event on April 26th in Bedford Texas. Lots of fun and not to hard on the car. I'm running "ST" class and had a great time at the last ER event.
Lazerdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:13 AM   #2
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Ill try and make plans for it
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Lazerdot

Yaricrossers

Cool. Look for the blue Yaris with orange wheels.

I ran with the Maverick Region PCA on the 5th. Great group as well. Different couse design, but the car did well. The Kumo MXs need more pressure then I started with to help prevent roll over. 37lbs was too low for the front. Back was no proplem at 45lbs. My times were good, but better tires will really help. The MX has 220 rating and they are great for the road but a tad slippery for the tighter stuff.

It will be fun to have more Yaris drivers at the next ER!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 PM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Lazer, I'm gonna bring the Yaris to an event again, I promise. Even though the Miata is my dedicated "autox" car, I'm jonesin' to give the Yaris another shot now that I have some decent track time under my belt. It'll probably be the next PCA event since I'm trying to get points in my ER and SCCA class, but I'll definitely run the Yaris at another club's event. Probably going to run my R-comps from the Miata, even though the 17's look better than the 14" Daisys. :)
Also, are you running the full TRD suspension, or just the springs?
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
Lazerdot

I put the struts, springs and sway bar on.
If you use R tires, I think you,ll do real well. That Pca course was tuff in spots, my MXs were really workin hard. Thanks for the help at the event. Which PCA are doing next?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #6
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Not sure. Gotta see what doesn't conflict with the ER and SCCA events. Thinking hard about doing the upcoming event at LaGrave, which I think is a BMW event, so I could run the Yaris there. Miatamoto is setting up the course, so it'll be a good one.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote