Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #19
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I don't exactly recall how much the Stinger cost. It wasn't "cheap". How do I feel about the Interstate? For $20 and a warranty, I feel pretty good! I'm sure you'd agree.

All the upgraded wiring is 1/0 gauge, techflexed, and with heat shrink tubing. I'll look next week and tell you about the resilience of the loom I have by the fuel rail.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #20
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
About how many feet is that wire from your Alt to your battery Sq ?

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:24 PM   #21
_S7V7N_

Sq Have you ever heard the Type R's in a Ported enclosure ? I have two guys who wanna buy my CVR's so chances are by thursday they'll be gone ! I found the Type R's in a ported box for 300 bucks. I have a few hits on the amp too, if that gets sold i'm gonna get the 2000 watt brutus. Hell i may just redo everything and get the newest crunch 4 channel.

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 01-25-2011, 09:29 PM   #22
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by _S7V7N_ View Post
Sq Have you ever heard the Type R's in a Ported enclosure ? I have two guys who wanna buy my CVR's so chances are by thursday they'll be gone ! I found the Type R's in a ported box for 300 bucks. I have a few hits on the amp too, if that gets sold i'm gonna get the 2000 watt brutus. Hell i may just redo everything and get the newest crunch 4 channel.
About 2 month ago I had the chance to hear two 15s" Type R in ported boxes, very poorly installation, I wasn't impressed my 10" Bachuka would eat them for breakfast,

Just another proof that the installation is as important as the speakers.

D.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #23
_S7V7N_

Kid at work had 1 10 in his single cab truck and it sounded..Okay, He then put in two 12's..Omg, i'm not the type of person to be negative about somebody's hard work, unless they're complete douches, Which the kid is cool, so i just gave him a few suggestions, and told him i'd look up some settings and get back with him sometime this week. He has mids comming out of his Subs, i was like dude ? you have your amp on the full setting or what, Loll something isn't right. I'm gonna help him out and see if we can get it tweaked out. The guys at work said it sounded like a huge caddy was coming down the parking lot and when i turned the corner, it was a lil white Yaris, with big sound

Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I can get pics of a box with two 8"s that'll hit right around 150...

We had fun with this beast today:

^Two DD9512 with real carbon fiber cones...

It is an understatement to say it's loud.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #25
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Good Grief!! Thats not all for those two subs is it!!??
Old 01-26-2011, 12:31 AM   #26
_S7V7N_

Magnet is the same size as the sub, Impressive. I'm digging that box.

Old 01-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #27
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

There are 4000 Watts off two amps for EACH sub. Like the little grounding bar in the trunk? I still have to sit in the thing when it's going off. We did tear apart several phone books in the ports for $hits and giggles. Like that port? You can have your girl blow dry her hair by sitting in front of the port.

The two amps on the sides are for the speakers up front. We're thinking that this may get mid 150 dB. We'll find out in a couple months during our soundoff.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:26 PM   #28
_S7V7N_

I been bugging Sonic Electronix about one of there ported subwoofer enclosures, i just want to know what the box is tuned too, and if they don't know, then at least the internal specs on the port. I've emailed and called by phone and they say they don't know ? Lollll, i'm like dude, get a measuring tape and ummm Measure the damn thing. If not a phone call to the manufacturer will take about 10 minutes at the most. They cut me an okay deal on the Type R's with the ported box for 309 bucks shipped, That's pretty decent since the cheapest i've found the R's is for $239 for a pair. Unless you know where i can get them for a better price SQ. ?

Picture of box

Old 01-27-2011, 12:44 AM   #29
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

:D

Sorry brudda, I don't do Alpine...Haven't been involved with them since I got my 7909.

This is another reason why the internet places don't really give a shit. You could get a box from Palmer or I and we could get that info for you.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #30
_S7V7N_

Haha i just posted on there Facebook page too, these people are going to get there shit together. Loll or refuse to sell to me, one or the other. I'll ship them a measuring tape notebook and paper if they need it

Loll, I guess i'm a bit behind the times with the R's huh, before everybody was getting them cause Vin Diesel had them in the first fast and furious..Lolll

I'm just curious to try out the sub, knowing me i'll be ready to kick it in a few months and be chasing something else.

Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 AM   #31
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Try it. It's all about the experience anyway.

I wish I could get together so we could see what you're doing. I'm simply on the wrong side of the country it seems. My last sub was a Pioneer TSW12PRS. Man that was a nice woofer.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:13 AM   #32
_S7V7N_

I'm not quite on the same level Sq, I'm more on the intermediate level. I did no sound deadening, that will probably be one of my last steps, which shoulda been my first. I've been learning from my mistakes, like from now on i won't order an amp kit, i'll build my own kit and do wire by the foot, since you're gonna need alot more wire to do your extra's like the big 3.

I just received a scosche dash kit, the metra kit is already old, so i'm going to try this out, if not it's new enough to where i can return it and get a different one. I also went with a Monster THX Certified Mono subwoofer connection to run to my sub amp since it wants a mono signal. And i'm using one of the Higher end Tsunami 4 channel RCA cables to help clean up the wiring. I'm making a trip on Thursday or Friday to a place called Sky Craft which is a electronics surplus store to try and find some 2 or 0 gauge wiring for my alternator to battery connection, and redo the ground on the battery. And see what else they have there i can pick up fairly cheap, maybe some Neons so i can dress up the trunk.

Then i decided to sell my amp and subs and order new stuff...So hopefully by next week i'll have everything ordered and on its way.

What kinda price can you do on this amp SQ i have the older model, i like the way the level adjustments sit on top, and since i'm ordering everything else new, may as well do the 4 channel too.

Cheapest i've seen is 100 bucks with shipping.

Last edited by _S7V7N_; 01-27-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:47 AM   #33
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I'll have to get that pricing to you tomorrow...

I'm going into work early, so it'll be in the afternoon before I can get to you on that one.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 PM   #34
_S7V7N_

They said a rough estimate is the box is tuned to 45 Hz, that's a bit high isn't it in your opinion ? Sq ?

Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #35
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

If it's tuned to 45 Hz it's going to be fun trying to control the response under that frequency. I'd look for a box that's tuned at least 10 Hz lower. My mid bass L8's right now are crossed HPF at 40 Hz...if that's any comparison.

That PZT isn't made anymore apparently. Take a look at the P 1000.4 from Crunch.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:34 PM   #36
_S7V7N_

I had to do a quick set-up last nite because i have a few people who want to buy the subs, but don't have amps to test them, so i set everything up late last nite and finished today. I had ordered a few new things as well and installed another set of tweeters on the dash, a mono Monster Rca for my sub, and some Tsunami 4 channel rca's. WOW, i'm surprised at how much difference the Subwoofer RCA made, i have to do something about my license plate now, that thing wants to fly off, my middle real tail light that sits on the rear deck looks like it wants to pop off, I took it in for service and one of my buddies works there so i told him to crank it up when he pulled the car around, He came back and was like " bro, your front windshield is flexing.

My other buddy was doing the oil change and he asked wth was on my doors and he seen my 0 gauge running through the firewall and was like oh shit, i know your stuff isn't loud. So he cranked it up and within a few seconds there was a crowd, i was kinda embarrassed cause the trunk set-up was messy, after that a few service advisors came from the front and were amazed that a little Yaris was shaking the building. I was like yeah, hopefully by tomorrow the subs will be gone, they were surprised i was selling them.

I need to post pics of the dash kit from Scosche, it looks ten times better than the Metra kit. If they can't find the one Sq and Derick use, i'd really recommend the Scosche one. Anyways, just thought i'd share my experience of the day

Scosche dash kit
Amazon link : Scosche Ta2077B Iso Din Installation Kit With Pocket (For 2007 Toyota Yaris)