Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2011, 05:09 PM   #91
macky

Drives: yaris
help pls

any one who knows where can i find main body ECU of yaris 2006 because ihave bypass module dball data base tranponder i need to connnect (stsw output to stsw+ pi4 of ECU main body , but idont no where? pls help any diagram regarding stsw wire yelow no 8 frm. dball http://www.xpresskit.com/VehicleComp...px?p=null&year to see chart of my problem,
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #92
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The main body ECU is actually the white box under the dash with the fuse panel mounted to the bottom of it.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #93
macky

Drives: yaris
thnks i check it up later
macky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #94
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
On your 08, you can grab it at the TPWS ECU, behind the lower passenger glove box:

Anyone know which of those wires is switched / ignition power? I tried the other red one, (the red one that's not labeled), but it's not working.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #95
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The red one that's hidden on the end of the second row is definitely ignition switched +12 volts. Make sure you have a good ground that you are referencing it to, or use the white wire with the black stripe on that connector as your ground.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #96
cgarcia1821

Drives: 2011 5-door Toyota Hatchback
i want to install led lights in the interior, but i want them to turn on when i turn on the headlights...any help with where i can locate the correct wires for this? a picture would help :)
cgarcia1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:18 PM   #97
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia1821 View Post
i want to install led lights in the interior, but i want them to turn on when i turn on the headlights...any help with where i can locate the correct wires for this? a picture would help :)

On the headlight stalk connector (remove the bottom steering column cover to get to it), Pin #13 is the switched wire for the taillights (which turns on with with both the high and low beams).

If the car has daytime running lights (or is 2009 or newer), then pin 13 is a ground, switched by the headlight switch (so, you would use pin 13 as your LED ground and would connect the +12 wire for the LEDs to a 12 volt source).

If the car is 2008 or older and does not have DRLs, then Pin #13 is not a switched ground, but instead is a +12V feed which is switched at Pin 10 (the wire to the left of the Pink one) (which will be green instead of white with a black strip). So, on this vintage, you would connect the + wire for the LEDs to the green wire in pin 10 and the - wire of the LEDs to a chassis ground.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:58 PM   #98
cgarcia1821

Drives: 2011 5-door Toyota Hatchback
Exclamation HELP!

Quote:
Tach wire location at pin 9 of DLC3 connector:

09 (Beige wire):

07-08 (Green Wire):

I accidentally starting messing with these wireds to see if any were for the headlights (i was trying to install interior led lights) and all of my dashboard lights are now going off like crazy (airbag, check engine, battery, sliding, etc), the a/c and heater doesn't work, the turns signals don't work if i step on the brake, and it no longer indicates what gear i'm in. I really messed up, but I would like to know if anyone has had this issue or knows a solution or what's going on.
cgarcia1821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #99
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgarcia1821 View Post
I accidentally starting messing with these wireds to see if any were for the headlights (i was trying to install interior led lights) and all of my dashboard lights are now going off like crazy (airbag, check engine, battery, sliding, etc), the a/c and heater doesn't work, the turns signals don't work if i step on the brake, and it no longer indicates what gear i'm in. I really messed up, but I would like to know if anyone has had this issue or knows a solution or what's going on.

YIKES!!!!

Check the Dome and ETCS fuses in the under hood fuse panel. Hopefully you popped one of those and didn't cook the ECM. The DLC3 connector is purely for diagnostics. There is a constant power wire on the connector for powering a diagnostic tool, but other than that no pin on that connector should ever be connected to a load.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:59 AM   #100
syedgakbar
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Vitz DVD Player LCD Panel Lights

Hi,

I recently purchased the Vitz 2007 model. It has DVD and CD Player which works great. The problem is that this device panel lights don't glow even when I turn the parking lights on. Here is how my car DVD panel looks like:

http://assets.pakwheels.com/2011/car...009-655872.JPG

I had the car checked by local Car Audio Workshop and they technician guy looked at the wiring and said that these are okay. What else could be the problem?

Regards, Akbar
syedgakbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:29 PM   #101
Rudra223
I've made a post!

Drives: 2006 Belta
Question where is the reverse light wire?

where is the reverse light wire?
and what is the colour?
Rudra223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:47 AM   #102
mpyoos
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris t1
Hi,

Trying to wire an aftermarket radio
Please advise:
Re- yellow wire, a black wire, a pink wire and a white wire - which wire is ground (earth) and which wire is power - 12v? Which fuse is the radio fuse? The radio works if I connect directly to the battery...
mpyoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #103
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyoos View Post
Hi,

Trying to wire an aftermarket radio
Please advise:
Re- yellow wire, a black wire, a pink wire and a white wire - which wire is ground (earth) and which wire is power - 12v? Which fuse is the radio fuse? The radio works if I connect directly to the battery...
What year is your Yaris and was it built in Japan or France?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 PM   #104
mamun22s

Drives: Toyota Vitz
Quote:
Tach wire location at pin 9 of DLC3 connector:

09 (Beige wire):

07-08 (Green Wire):
Can any one help the abt the chip on the pic coloured red and blue. what is there function?Be cause one of them getting hot. What actually they do? and also the function of the fuse? How do i know whether they functioning or not.
mamun22s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #105
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamun22s View Post
Can any one help the abt the chip on the pic coloured red and blue. what is there function?Be cause one of them getting hot. What actually they do? and also the function of the fuse? How do i know whether they functioning or not.
They are relays. The left one is the IG1 relay and the right one is the HTR relay. The left one gets warm when the ignition is on and the right gets warm when the blower is running. That is normal.

The fuse above it to the left is for the power windows and the one above it to the right is for the defogger.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #106
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Where is this whole piece as seen in post 14?
I want to wire some door sills and have them light up when the door opens up. I usually keep the light in the off position and not on the "door" position. So if I want it to work the way I want it to, am I going to have to keep the switch on "door"? This might be the wrong thread but I was redirected by Scott on another thread. Thanks!
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #107
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammy View Post
Where is this whole piece as seen in post 14?
I want to wire some door sills and have them light up when the door opens up. I usually keep the light in the off position and not on the "door" position. So if I want it to work the way I want it to, am I going to have to keep the switch on "door"? This might be the wrong thread but I was redirected by Scott on another thread. Thanks!
Behind the little storage cup on the bottom left side of the dash.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #108
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Oh ok! Thanks.
And where can I tap into the parking lights? The lights that turn on when you twist the switch half way. I am also installing some LEDs for the interior and I want them to turn on w/ the parking lights. And do any of you recommend the "L bars" or just regular LED clusters? I want them to go under the whole dash kind of where your feet go.
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote