Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Strange creaking sound whenever applying brakes at stop position.

So whenever i am at a stop light if i press the brake pedal there is a loud creaking sound comming from the drivers side. Very very loud. Also when coming to a stop it makes this creak sound.

I already tried disassembling the brake components in the front cleaning and applying brake lube and sound went away for awile. My only guess is since i have open wheel rims that when i wash my car water is getting inside there and drying every thing up.

Anyone else ever have this problem. It is extremely annoying. I am thinking of just replacing the brake hardware in front and see if that helps.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
I'm having that noise too coming from the passengers side, every time I apply the brake a little bit hard makes that creaking noise, my car has been into several check ups on this, my last check was at the stealer before my warranty expired, they put some clips with microphones on every moving part with a module to switch between parts they determined that the noise is coming from the lower ball joint, I re-torque the nut and the noise left for maybe one mile, Im watinng until gets worse to replace the entire control arm, will see if that's the cause...
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:00 PM   #3
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Let me know if you ever find it out lol. I do have a lot of suspention mods and im sure if my car was factory the sound may never have occured.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #4
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
For sure I will let you know, you probably have a the same "good quality" control arm in your modified suspension such as my stock one lol.
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
Be_Jammin

Drives: 2010 Yaris Liftback A/T
So I know this topic is ancient. But did you ever solve the problem? My yaris does this too.
Be_Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote