Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-17-2017, 01:41 PM   #19
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDigby View Post
autoanything=$128.33
that's a good price, but it's not $85
that must have just been for fronts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchpaddy View Post
He did say "pair," so yes.

They do look really slick. I like to drive barefoot, so I need some carpet to dig my toes into when they're not busy. I just looked, and they have a carpet version, too! I've gladly paid over $100 for new mats on other cars. Good mats are worth the money, IMO.
Yes; I usually roll with the rear seats down as I don't have much rear passenger action, so the rear carpets look brand new and are hardly ever visible, so I opted for just the front two which is where all the heavy lifting happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosecreekjoey View Post
Have weather tech and there good. Ask said they do look massive for the Yaris. They are 5 years old and have held up nicely. Noticed on the back of mat the material has started to feel sticky, kind of soft. You can push your finger nail into the material there made of only on back. Maybe it is to keep them from sliding around. Its there top of the line 3D TYPE. Yours are really nice in comparison.
I don't doubt the Weathertech's being of the highest quality; they're a great company. It does sound like they're soft on the back to prevent sliding. I agree that the 3D's are nicer in comparison from a less utility look and more casual look perspective.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 12:45 AM   #20
CincyC6

Drives: 2008 / 2011 / 2012 Yaris
Man, I've been on the edge of buying these since I saw hotracer post about it. Seeing them in this car is pushing me over the edge. Side note, you keep your interior spotless!
CincyC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #21
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyC6 View Post
Man, I've been on the edge of buying these since I saw hotracer post about it. Seeing them in this car is pushing me over the edge. Side note, you keep your interior spotless!
Thanks, Cincy. I really do try. People often comment on how my car looks like it's from a dealership lot; doesn't look like anyone owns/uses it. At Toyotafest, the folks I caravan'd with commented on how clean it is for a 10 year old car. I enjoy keeping it looking new.

On Wheelwell
Old 11-01-2017, 09:17 AM   #22
mr_robot

Drives: Yaris
Are sedan and liftback the same mats?
mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #23
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Are sedan and liftback the same mats?
On the site I purchased them from (AutoAnything), there's a designation for hatch and sedan, so I assume they're different.

On Wheelwell
Old 11-08-2017, 10:19 AM   #24
mr_robot

3D Maxpider Kagu Floor Mats

Ordered a set from autoanything.com they’re having 20% off right now so got front and back for $120 shipped!
Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 AM   #25
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Ordered a set from autoanything.com they’re having 20% off right now so got front and back for $120 shipped!
He shoots, he scores!

I think you're really going to like them.

On Wheelwell
Old 11-08-2017, 10:33 AM   #26
mr_robot

It was perfect timing for the winter months. I don’t like rubber/plastic liners like Weathertech for the same reason as you and these seem to fit the bill.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:33 AM   #27
mr_robot

Mine came in the mail yesterday. They fit so tight (in a good way) I thought I got the wrong one.

Here's a pic of the back mats installed.

I've owned weathertech liners before and these are so much better at half the price!
Old 11-15-2017, 11:54 AM   #28
ern-diz

Nice!

I'm sure the Weathertech's are extremely high quality, but yeah, these are more subtle and look better for a passenger car. Weathertech should consider making less rugged looking mats for those that don't want that truck look for their cars.

On Wheelwell
Old 05-15-2018, 01:29 PM   #29
Dliverance

Drives: 2012 Black sand pearl <3
I have been sold on a set of these after reading everyone’s comments. Does anyone know if someone makes trunk liners for the Yaris?
Dliverance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 04:49 PM   #30
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dliverance View Post
I have been sold on a set of these after reading everyone’s comments. Does anyone know if someone makes trunk liners for the Yaris?
Weathertech does. Link here.

Since it's the back/trunk area, I wouldn't mind the utility look. Looks like 3D also makes them, but they look very similar to the Weathertech. Link to the 3D trunk liner on AutoAnything here.

On Wheelwell
Old 05-19-2018, 09:33 PM   #31
Dliverance

I got my 3D mats today. Hey fit great and look amazing but they interfere with my clutch pedal. My car wouldn’t start because the pedal wouldn’t go down enough to disengage the neutral safety switch. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #32
ern-diz

Quote:
I got my 3D mats today. Hey fit great and look amazing but they interfere with my clutch pedal. My car wouldn’t start because the pedal wouldn’t go down enough to disengage the neutral safety switch. Anyone else have this problem?
Not at all. You obviously have the mat pushed as far back toward the rear of the vehicle as possible, right? Also, you're not placing the 3D mat over the factory carpet mats, are you?

On Wheelwell
Old 05-21-2018, 02:31 PM   #33
Dliverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Not at all. You obviously have the mat pushed as far back toward the rear of the vehicle as possible, right? Also, you're not placing the 3D mat over the factory carpet mats, are you?
Its not over the original mat and I would imagine it’s in the proper place since the drivers mat has two locks that would locate it. I can get it to work but I REALLY have to press the pedal into the mat. I think I might have to trim the drivers mat.
Old 05-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #34
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Quote:
Its not over the original mat and I would imagine it’s in the proper place since the drivers mat has two locks that would locate it. I can get it to work but I REALLY have to press the pedal into the mat. I think I might have to trim the drivers mat.
Pull up the carpet and cut out the foam under it... ;)

I put my wider pedals on and had the same issue with the clutch and the gas pedal till I did that... actually I removed the foam, but you get the idea
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:14 PM   #35
mr_robot

Mine doesn't intere at all with the clutch pedal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 08-02-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
There's a seller on eBay listing these sets for $130.00 with free shipping - cheapest listing I've seen. I just bought a black set for my RS. Should be here in about 2 days.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote