Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-28-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
gauca001

Drives: yaris T Spirit 2010
Reversing camera

I have a yaris T Spirit (2011) with TNS410 GPS installed, I know that this can handle a rear view camera replacing the rear number plate lights, does anyone know if the wiring from the tail plate to the screen in the dashboard is already installed, in which case you just need to connect a camera?
gauca001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 06:51 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I believe the wiring is present. A while back I helped someone else from Europe with adding the rear camera to the TNS410, and I believe it was as simple as just installing and plugging in the camera. You can pop off the plastic cover from the hatch to verify that the connector is present on that end.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #3
gauca001

Drives: yaris T Spirit 2010
Thanks for your reply.

I tried to look behind the back license plate light, but there is no video display cable installed.
gauca001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauca001 View Post
Thanks for your reply.

I tried to look behind the back license plate light, but there is no video display cable installed.
If yours is a second gen, then it definitely won't have it. If it is a 3rd gen, then the connector will not look like a video cable, but will be a 6 pin OEM connector.
Old 05-12-2018, 01:32 AM   #5
vasp

Drives: Toyota yaris hybrid
Hello,
I just bought a 2015 hybrid that came with the information touch display but without the reversing camera.

I bought a camera with the cable tree and plug, checked that the fitment was possible and by swapping the cable of my car from the donor car the corresponding wiring further forward after the rear hatch appeared to be present.

However the camera doesn't seem to operate and switch the screen on when I put It in reverse.

Should there be any specific coding for the display to open the reversing camera setting or is there something I need to connect by removing the display on the dash?
vasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:53 PM   #6
vasp

Drives: Toyota yaris hybrid
Update, just spotted that my car's wiring loom seems to only have 4 wires while the donor car wiring has 6. I bet that may be the issue
Noticed that toyota sells a cable kit to add the oem camera so I bought it and will have it retrofitted.

Last edited by vasp; 05-13-2018 at 12:37 PM.
vasp is offline   Reply With Quote