Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic_hoji View Post
Any luck with it?

I'm in the same boat as above - swapped the stock Yaris one over without trouble. Sounds like maybe your sensor wires got mucked up or the sensor itself banged about a bit? Did you solder or repair any wires related to the O2 sensor?

-- Adam
Hey Adam. I haven't addressed it yet as I've been tied up with the A/C issues, which - at least for now - appear to have been resolved.

I think my new o2 sensor arrived to my US post box today, but I likely wont pick it up until after Christmas now. I'll be sure to let you know the outcome. The wires on mine were messed - twisted badly, so I'm guessing an intermittent wiring issue, maybe triggered when the exhaust shakes a certain way at startup. It's really random. I started and ran the car many times yesterday and today and no MIL, though I haven't scanned for pending codes. I can't say if there are any drivability issues as the car is back up in the air and hasn't been on the road. If after I replace the sensor the code reappears, I'll follow Tom's recommendations above. Are you getting the P0607?

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 12-23-2018 at 07:40 AM.
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote