Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #1
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
Need some advice on intermittent vibration

So here's the deal. I have a vibration for the FIRST 5 minutes of driving between 45-50mph, then after 5-10 minutes of driving the vibration moves to 50-55mph, then 20-30 minutes in the vibration happens between 60-65mph, and the vibration gets smaller the longer I drive but doesn't go away.

I got new (to me) wheels less than 1500 miles ago. I had new tires put on them, and purchased hubcentric rings for them. And I relowered my coilovers when I put the wheels on. Had the alignment redone and everything is within factory spec. Since this has started (the last 200 miles), I have rechecked every torque spec for every bolt on my suspension, checked tire pressure twice a day, had the tire balance rechecked, and my alignment rechecked and can find nothing wrong with the car. The only thing I haven't really checked are the wheel bearings. I don't know what else to check or do about this. Any and all advice is welcome and appreciated.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #2
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
Is is worse on light acceleration? Where do you feel the vibration? Steering wheel shake?

I wonder if your CV joints have had enough of being lowered. The angles change, and it puts more wear on the joints. Can also get a new tire that is no good. If you haven't already, try rotating your tires front to back and see if the vibration changes.

Cheers.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
coheed

The vibration is so strong I can't tell where it's coming from. No steering wheel shake, doesn't change under load. I routinely check my CV's because I am as low as I am and they don't have any play in them and the boots are good.

Haven't tried rotating tires, might try that this weekend.

Last edited by coheed; 12-05-2014 at 01:55 PM.
coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 04:12 PM   #4
coheed

Rotated tires from front to back yesterday, vibration went away for a little bit but came back after a few miles of driving and felt the same as it was before I rotated the tires. I'm stumped on this.....
Old 12-11-2014, 09:01 PM   #5
coheed

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #6
CoryM

Drives: 2009 5-door, 5-speed
I'd still guess CV axle issues. When you jacked it up to rotate the tires, it probably changed the position of the axles for the first few miles, then settled back into place. Can't really advise any further without feeling it.
Good luck.
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote