Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
rage2

Drives: 07 Black Yaris 5D
My Yaris and My Mods

Hey guys, great forum here.

I picked up my Yaris 4 days ago and the mod parts are slowly showing up. It's a Black Sand Pearl 5 door RS, manual transmission, loaded with package B, CF Dash Kit, Sport Pedals, Bodyside Mouldings, Roof Rack and Bike Rack. When I purchased the car, the dealer told me that it would take 2-3 months to find a car with those options. To my surprise, 3 weeks to the day I paid for the car, it was delivered.

Here's the car being picked up at the dealership.

Tint and 3M

4300K HID Kit

More extensive details here.
My Site - Beyond Car Forums

Last edited by rage2; 04-17-2007 at 09:33 AM.
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
that's pretty nice.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
BokChoi
Mada Mada Dane...

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB
very nice ride, welcome to yarisworld
Old 04-12-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
rage2

Thanks! Getting Rally Style wing installed tonight, lowering springs and wheels arriving next week, and the JDM LED rear lights in 4-6 weeks from the GB thread.

This summer, once the suspension settles and I figure out how much clearance I have for the massive made for SUV speed bumps near my house, picking up the INGS skirt and rear bumper, the C-One front bumper and CF hood from this picture.

Probably picking up some new seats sooner rather than later, the stock seats sit pretty high, and I don't like them too much.

Should be fun!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:21 PM   #5
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
jeez your yaris will probably cost over 20 g ha?
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:35 PM   #6
rage2

well I'm canadian, picked the car up with those options for $21,600cdn. The tint and 3M was $800, the HID's were $500, and the wing was $285. Not sure how much springs and wheels are, I'll know when I pick them up.

I thought I'd dress it up a bit, since it's a present for my brother, his first car, and he's been pulling insanely good grades at school. I've been more of a hp junkie, so this is actually the first time I've done up a car looks only. Hell of a lot cheaper than building a motor from scratch haha.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #7
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
well I'm canadian, picked the car up with those options for $21,600cdn. The tint and 3M was $800, the HID's were $500, and the wing was $285. Not sure how much springs and wheels are, I'll know when I pick them up.

I thought I'd dress it up a bit, since it's a present for my brother, his first car, and he's been pulling insanely good grades at school. I've been more of a hp junkie, so this is actually the first time I've done up a car looks only. Hell of a lot cheaper than building a motor from scratch haha.
nice. wow this will make a really nice present for your bro. maybe you should get a yaris for yourself and hp mod it
Old 04-12-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Tell me more about the roof rack...is this a factory option in CA??? I want one!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Tell me more about the roof rack...is this a factory option in CA??? I want one!!!
I wish it were a factory option up in Cali. If it were i'd see a whole bunch of them popping up haha.

do tell rage2, how much did it cost ya? and Is it a factory option up in AB?
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #10
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
I wish it were a factory option up in Cali. If it were i'd see a whole bunch of them popping up haha.
"CA" as in Canada. And ya, its an option up here (with optional bike or ski adapter). Check toyota.ca for other cool Canadian accessories (like the car tent!)
Old 04-12-2007, 01:20 PM   #11
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
wicked!!! love the post!

black on black looks hype!! i envy you.. im getting my rs this saturday.. had to wait 2 months just to get the blazed blue..well its worth it..anyway love the set up black look great with the rain guards and hood shield will look great as well..about the drl.. i actually found a way for you to keep it but may be too late in ur case..but unfortunetely ull lose ur high beam..just switching ur wire from fogs to headlight.. so when car is turned on ur fogs come on as well and that is ur drl. when headlight is turned on which is the fogs....ur headlight wire runs the fogs and the fogs wire (hid) run the headlight.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 PM   #12
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
welcome to YW.

nice Yaris. keep us updated on your mods.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #13
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
nice!!!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM   #14
rage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
nice. wow this will make a really nice present for your bro. maybe you should get a yaris for yourself and hp mod it
I'm a hp, solo2, trackday junkie and instructor. Our local track has 2 long straight, front straight 1/2 mile, and 1/4 mile back straight, so it favors high HP cars. So I don't think the Yaris is a good choice for power mods since I need at least 350hp to keep me happy. Plus I'm a RWD guy, but I am going to try and run a few Solo2 events in the Yaris though to see how I do, where HP isn't as big of an issue. Haven't competed in a FWD car for over 10 years hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Yea, it's an option here in Canada. Here's the full list of options with CDN$ prices.

http://www.toyota.ca/cgi-bin/WebObje...50e%2ehtml

If it's not available to you, you can paypal me and I can pick it and ship it to you or something, I don't mind. Comes with full installation instructions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus View Post
about the drl.. i actually found a way for you to keep it but may be too late in ur case..but unfortunetely ull lose ur high beam..just switching ur wire from fogs to headlight.. so when car is turned on ur fogs come on as well and that is ur drl. when headlight is turned on which is the fogs....ur headlight wire runs the fogs and the fogs wire (hid) run the headlight.....
Actually I have a much simpler solution that I tested. I posted in the cosmetic mods section.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4918

That will give you DRL, low beam, high beams, and fogs.

Thanks everyone for their comments, and ya I'll post updates as they come along. It'll be a busy 2 weeks for the Yaris!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #15
rage2

OK looks like the accessories list can't be linked like that hehe. So here's the list in CDN$.

DEALER INSTALLED INTERIOR ACCESSORIES

Air Conditioner (Includes $100 Federal Excise Tax)
$1,553.00

All-Season Mats
$83.45

AM/FM/MP3 6 Disk CD Green LED
$265.40

AM/FM/MP3 Single CD Green LED
$100.00

Ash Tray & Lighter
$112.50

Cargo Box - Large
$94.45

Cargo Box - Medium
$84.45

Cargo Box - Small
$74.45

Cargo Liner
$104.45

Cargo Net
$51.45

Centre Armrest
$101.35

Console Cupholder
$18.45

Cruise Control
$481.70

Dash Kit - Carbon Fibre
$375.40

Dash Kit - Silver
$375.40

Electrochromic Mirror w/ Compass & Temperature
$345.80

Electrochromic Mirror with Compass
$255.40

iPod Interface
$349.00

Shift Knob - Classic Sport Leather
$70.80

Shift Knob - Speedstar Mesh
$70.80

Shift Knob - Speedstar Silver
$70.80

Sport Pedals
$91.70

Toyota Emergency Assistance Kit
$74.45

DEALER INSTALLED EXTERIOR ACCESSORIES

14" Alloy Wheel - 5-large solid spoke (Tires not included)
$849.00

15" Alloy Wheel - 5- double spoke (Tires not included)
$849.00

15" Alloy Wheel - multi spoke (Tires not included)
$849.00

16" Alloy Wheel - TTE Pitlane (Tires not included)
$1,049.00

Block Heater
$181.00

Bodyside Moulding
$140.40

Car Tent
$274.50

Exhaust Tip
$116.25

Fog Lamps
$558.50

Hood Deflector
$101.70

Keyless Entry
$353.50

Licence Cover - Black
$19.45

Licence Cover - Clear
$19.45

Lowering Springs
$938.60

Owners Wallet
$12.05

Performance Exhaust
$712.70

Rear Bumper Protector
$60.35

Rear Spoiler
$304.50

Rear Spoiler Rally Style
$380.40

Roof Rack
$222.70

Roof Rack - Bike Adaptor
$249.50

Roof Rack - Ski Adaptor
$177.70

Security
$385.80

Security Upgrade (Dealer installed keyless entry required)
$107.75

Side Skirts
$607.20

Side Window Visors - 3 Door
$96.80

Side Window Visors - 5 Door
$172.70

Splash Guards - Front
$41.80

Splash Guards - Rear
$41.80

Toyota First Aid Kit
$32.45

Wheel Locks - 8-small spoke and multi spoke
$66.70

Wheel Locks - RS Factory Alloy Wheels
$82.70
Old 04-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #16
JDMVitz
Obsessive Detailer

Drives: JDM
i've read your HID install on you website, but there is still a couple of things i don't understand.

So did you remove the DRL relay as per the DIY?
If so, does your foglight still work after removing the relay.

You mentioned about the 'built-in' circuit in your HID KIT to run them at 12v all the time. Does that mean you are using your HID as DRL and is running at a constant 12v? Is this built-in circuit exclusively for your kit?

Sorry for the questions, but i really like to settle this HID issue with the DRL and fogs.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #17
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
it is confusing....

i do find that confusing as well...i know someone disconnected the drl and lost the fogs as well... so my way might be easier..u just lose ur high beam then again when do you normally use high beams!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMVitz View Post
i've read your HID install on you website, but there is still a couple of things i don't understand.

You mentioned about the 'built-in' circuit in your HID KIT to run them at 12v all the time. Does that mean you are using your HID as DRL and is running at a constant 12v? Is this built-in circuit exclusively for your kit?

Sorry for the questions, but i really like to settle this HID issue with the DRL and fogs.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
rage2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMVitz View Post

First off, my method doesn't affect fog lights at all. Nothing is removed or modified except for AFTER the standard headlight bulb plug.

All I did was modify the ground signal going to the low beam plug by using a relay to switch that and output chassis ground. So when the circuit measures 10V to the relay, it activates and sends chassis ground as out, making it 12V to the bulb. If it's 12V, same thing. I tested this before I got my kit by unplugging the bulb, and with a bunch of pins and wires, setup that circuit so I didn't have to cut any stock wires. So in essence, the only change I made was DRL's will run at 12V, same as low beam. Every lighting combination is purely stock. And yes, the HID's turn on for my DRL. When I turn on the lights, no change, HID still on.

The HID kit I bought is Canadian, so they designed everything already into the kit, so it turns on HID low beam when it gets a 6V or higher signal, making my circuit unneccessary. It doesn't flicker or buzz or do anything weird at 10V, it just turns on like if it got 12V. If I had purchased a kit that wasn't DRL friendly, I would've had to incorporate the circuit on the HID harness where it plugs into the stock bulb plug.

Now, with my circuit if you are in the US and want to have fog lights, no DRL, and highbeams, it's as simple as finding a relay that activates at 12V or higher and no less. If you want DRL, then choose a relay that activates at 10V (or however many volts the US DRLs run at). Simple.

Hope that clears things up.