Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
NF4awesome
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris 4 door
Turn off alarm without remote?

Hi, I have an OEM alarm, but I don't currently have the remote, just the key. Turning the key and opening the door sets off the alarm. How do I use the car without the remote?
Thanks!
NF4awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The key should work fine if it is really the OEM alarm.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Hi CT Scott, i think it's the TVSS you guys are referring to. If that's the case i would also ask the same question as we are provided with only one factory wireless lock/unlock key. the rest are all just plain keys.

i was worried if i lose THIS key someday, and only have the spare in my wallet, the doors will open, but it will set off the alarm, and won't start the car. (no key immobilizer just the TVSS enine immobilizer)

how do we bypass this? thanks!
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboy View Post
Hi CT Scott, i think it's the TVSS you guys are referring to. If that's the case i would also ask the same question as we are provided with only one factory wireless lock/unlock key. the rest are all just plain keys.

i was worried if i lose THIS key someday, and only have the spare in my wallet, the doors will open, but it will set off the alarm, and won't start the car. (no key immobilizer just the TVSS enine immobilizer)

how do we bypass this? thanks!
In the US we get the TVIP as opposed to the TVSS alarm system, but they look to be about the same. With both the immobilizer is a separate system that consists of the key reader, which is part of the ignition switch and the ECM, which authenticates the key data.

With the remote key for the TVSS, like the TVIP, the non-remote key is still supposed to turn the alarm off when then door is manually unlocked with the key. Also, you can purchase additional remotes and use the procedure posted in another thread on here to make the system learn the new remote(s).

The transponder key has to be programmed into the ECM by your Toyota dealer, since the Toyota service tool is required to do so.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #5
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
tried to find anything about TVSS, apparently this is the only one and the reason is stated here by you CTScott. I forgot to thank you before for your response here BTW.

I have a question, using the link below, i found a TVSS module. apparently, it doesnt work. At step 5 of the every procedure, the LED doesnt blink so i can start with the rest of the steps. What am I doing wrong? Or is it not going to work for ours here since it is not a Eurppean Yaris?

If you (Scott) or anyone can rewrite the first 5-6 steps in layman's terms i would really appreciate it. The 'reconnect batt negative cable' in step 2 and 'insert key into ignition cylinder' (where? lock only or ACC?) just got me baffled.

Thanks YW!

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&r...47244034,d.bmk
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #6
Davaross

Drives: 2002 3Dr Gs
If you insert the key into the ignition with the alarm going off and turn it to the 'on' position the alarm will turn off after 30 seconds. As the alarm is only armed by the keyless entry remote it should not be an issue after the first time the car is opened with the standard key.
Davaross is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, remote