Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
Seatbelt warning annoyance!

How the heck do you turn that crap off. i always drive with my seatbelt on.. but if i have my foot on the break and am stopped and need to pick something up or whatever, then it goes off. I dont need an alarm to tell me to wear a seatbelt. Im not 5!

Please help. :)
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Most car companies are making that warning a standard. I feel that it is wrong. I don't think that you should be driving without a seatbelt, but you can get around the annoyance of the beep by turning up your radio a bit so what kind of sense does it make to have it. Sure there would be the times that it could come in handy to help you if you are a "safe" driver and forget to throw it on, but at the same time if you are like me you don't have your radio always turned down and keep it around the same level and henceforth you won't hear it anyway. If they are truly concerned then they need to find a better solution.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
asa805

Drives: 07 White 2dr Yaris Hatch
well the alarm also goes off if the person in the pasenger seat takes it off. I hate alarms of any sort, and if they take it off to get out of the car and i dont put the car in park then it goes off. It doesnt just go off when i have my seatbelt off. ANyway my point is that i dont need a friggen car company telling me to wear my seatbelt. I am an adult and i shoudl know that already.
asa805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
Well, tells them to put on their seatbelt without you having to say it... the warning adds points to safety crash ratings and you'll see it in more and more cars ... like it or not.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
The 15 seconds of beeping isn't going to ruin my day.. turn the radio up for a bit if its so bothersome.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
In another post someone said that the dealership can disable the feature. Not sure if it costs anything. But its worth checking in to.