Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-23-2015, 01:59 AM   #19
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
looks like you need some curtains!

enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #20
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
looks like you need some curtains!

NICE! did you buy or make them? if made how?
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #21
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
bought them. they are medium sized and you can get them at car VIP sites or even ebay.
its just curtains that attach to 2 stick on rails. I got mine when i went to japan.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 05:56 PM   #22
shepd

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 door RS
You're from BC so you can blackout tint the rear windows for privacy! :) In Ontario you can put 35% on the front windows as well (that's the lowest that tends to not get you tickets, the law isn't by percentage but based on if the officer can see into the car), but in BC you're out of luck.
shepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:06 AM   #23
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepd View Post
You're from BC so you can blackout tint the rear windows for privacy! :) In Ontario you can put 35% on the front windows as well (that's the lowest that tends to not get you tickets, the law isn't by percentage but based on if the officer can see into the car), but in BC you're out of luck.
yeah windows are already tinted. The back out inserts I made was for light control and privacy (Both in and out). When say camped at a walmart I want to not see the parking lot lights other cars headlights etc. Also I can stealth camp easier and hang out in my yaris watching movies on my tablet (as I often did) without people seeing the light.

I also made a heater with a small travel candle and mini clay pot plant that I use for light and a little heat. I hang it form the middle seat belt retractor and I sometimes sleep leaving it on. I don't want the flickering light to be seen outside the car windows so another reason I do the full black out.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:58 PM   #24
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
This is neat. I've done similar for drive-in movies. At 5'6", i didn't think I'd fit full length for sleeping.

The overnight at Walmart idea is brilliant!
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:09 PM   #25
rcvmini

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
This is neat. I've done similar for drive-in movies. At 5'6", i didn't think I'd fit full length for sleeping.

The overnight at Walmart idea is brilliant!
Acutally because the shelf is only so wide we don't push the front seats up all the way. You might be able to get a few more inches esp if you made a board that was wide enough and layed it a little higher then the hight of the folded back seat.

Also it was the wife and I in the back so if it was just you then you could lie at a 45 degree angle bottom left corner to top right corner and get a bit more distance.....

OR just sleep slightly curled up ;)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #26
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
I've gotta admit....that's pretty darn cool. Thanks for posting.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #27
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcvmini View Post
... layed it a little higher then the hight of the folded back seat.

Also it was the wife and I in the back so if it was just you then you could lie at a 45 degree angle bottom left corner to top right corner and get a bit more distance.....

OR just sleep slightly curled up ;)
putting it up higher is a great idea. I can see how you can get some extra length doing that. Another benefit: you can stick things under the board (like under bed storage!

Yeah, if it were just me, I'd just remove the pass front seat. But I'll likely have the gf with me, so the curling up part might be the preferred method. She loves cuddle time.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 01:36 PM   #28
cparker

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
Nice setup !! You can get tents that hook up to the back of a car,makes a nice place to change your clothes or eat during rain. That's if you're parked in a place where you can also pitch a tent. A lot of camp grounds have a separate gravel or paved parking space, so that might not always be possible. There are also hatchback tents that hook up to your open hatch door and also to your bumper. You don't have to worry about poles or staking it to the ground . I just checked out my open Yaris hatch door, and found that someone 5ft. 9in. can stand straight under it. I'm 5ft, 6 in. Drape a tarp over the hatch door, then find a way to tie it down or stake it at ground level. Then figure a way to close the opening. You have expanded room . This makes me want to go camping . It's almost that time of year again !!

Last edited by cparker; 04-16-2016 at 03:26 PM.
cparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 10:24 AM   #29
LeBnomiS

Drives: 2011 Yaris 3DHB
Hey ! Where did you get your wheels ? They look great
LeBnomiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 01:56 AM   #30
vickimon

Drives: TRD Turbo M
This is so awesome!! <3
vickimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 04:09 AM   #31
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
This is a full size topper? I don't see this exact mattress topper on the USA ikea website...

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:22 PM   #32
Raymond
I've made a post!

Can somebody send me a pic or the belt number for the 2002 toyota vitz
Raymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:00 AM   #33
cparker

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
Rear tarp over hatch for camping

I like this sleeping setup the original poster did. If someone wanted to add some extra room, you could either buy a hatch tent or attach a tarp over the open hatch. I experimented with a 10 x 20 foot tarp with my Yaris. It turned out to be too large, so I'm thinking something like 16 X 10 would work fine. I tucked one end under the rear wiper and pulled the other ends and sides down tightly. I was parked on a concrete driveway, so I couldn't stake it down. But as many grommets as there are on this tarp, you could stake it down pretty tight on the ground. I would add short stretch cords to attach it to the hatch. This would allow a tall person to sleep in the back of a Yaris on an air mattress, sticking slightly out the back under the tarp. This set up allows for 6 foot standing room for changing clothes. This is something my dad used to do with his station wagon.
Attached Images

cparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #34
greyg00SE

Drives: '08 Yaris, '00 Miata,
Recently drove to South Florida to visit my granddaughter. Stopped at a rest area in Georgia to take a two hour nap. Brought my couch cushions and put them inside a zippered futon cover. I'm practically a midget (not PC, I know), so I slept like a grand baby..
Attached Images

greyg00SE is offline   Reply With Quote