Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-15-2018, 12:14 PM   #1
jacobdylanlee
coloring bo0ks

Drives: 2007 red tomato
problems...

i bought my 07 yaris used with an aftermarket HU ( pioneer cda 9857) already installed, it has an aftermarket aux cord and siruis capability. i am no electrically inclined and based only on physical resemblance i believe this to be the kit that is currently in my car https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

recently after purchasing the car the aux cord began to cut out frequently, eventually it quit working all together. i switched to a fm transmitter and played music through my phone on it. one day the fm became very poor, mostly static especially when bass hit. now my only option is cds, which still play very clear. my question being can i delete all this xm/sirius shit? i dont use it or need it. i would prefer to run an aux cord directly from my head unit.... i am a complete newb in this department. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
jacobdylanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
HUs are cheap and easy to replace. Just get a new one which targets the functionality you desire.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #3
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
You can, what I did since my car came with no head unit was head to frye's electronics and bought the cheapest Blue tooth capable head unit and a toyota wiring kit spent a few hours making it nice and bam, now I have bluetooth in the car and made it work simple. most of my cars wiring was deleted anyways...
Old 09-15-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
jacobdylanlee
coloring bo0ks

Drives: 2007 red tomato
thats a viable option ^^^ see the PO installing all that extra nonsense has the wiring back there a mess, i do most of my own vehicular work but tend to skip wiring of any sort, i felt pretty funny paying someone to put the HU in my cherokee after i performed the axle swaps 100% myself but hey i weld and grind for a living ...
jacobdylanlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #5
rcvmini

Drives: 2009 Yaris HB
Replace it with a new head unit. Amazon sells an ATOTO A6 headunit that will give you google maps, the ability to play any video/music format AND add a dash cam and rearview camera.

I just use a usb to add music and away I go....
rcvmini is offline   Reply With Quote