Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
tyler_a

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door hatchback
Installing Ipod adapter...

I have the same HU as this:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21171

The last guy to post "mlaverdiere" shows that the connecter is 12 pin and that it can be done with simple plug and play.

My question is if I were to buy an adapter...which one should I buy as there seem to be many different types. Also how the heck do you install them (I assume one end plugs into that 12 pin terminal...but what about the other end? Where do you thread the wires through to get it out from inside the console? My user manual points to a slot near the parking break that says AUX adapter, right next to the passenger side power lock controls, so does it go threaded all the way down to there? What physically plugs into your Ipod?

Instead of buying a blitzsafe adapter would there be a way to get one made by toyota that has the aux jack that runs down to behind the gearshift where those 4 slots are for accessories like the aux/passenger powerlock.

Or would it be a better choice altogether to just get a new headunit mp3 compatible.

I want to know exactly what I'm doing before I go spend any money.

Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited by tyler_a; 09-15-2010 at 05:13 PM.
tyler_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
tyler_a

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door hatchback
Bump.
tyler_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
IMO, just swap out the head unit. It's a bit more expensive, but you can get a real iPod interface that will allow you to change tracks, and show song info on the LCD and whatnot with most HU nowadays.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote