Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-03-2019, 10:21 AM   #1
Bikerboy89

Drives: 2015 Yaris Liftback LE auto
Is the DIY unlink AC defrost the same process for the 3rd gen?

Hello I really do not like how the AC comes on when I turn on defrost. I simply want heat to blow. I don't want AC blowing and making the car sluggish for no reason. Is it the same process to unlink the 2 just by breaking off the metal tab as shown in this thread? http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10888
Bikerboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #2
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
I haven't really noticed the AC making the Yaris sluggish while defrosting.

The AUDM version here does not automatically turn the AC on whe switching to defrost. However, I notice that turning on the AC while on defrost helps clear the siee windows and the rear view mirror.

The AC is basically only being used to dehumidify the air when defrosting, helping tomclesr the windscren faster.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:05 AM   #3
Bikerboy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
I haven't really noticed the AC making the Yaris sluggish while defrosting.

The AUDM version here does not automatically turn the AC on whe switching to defrost. However, I notice that turning on the AC while on defrost helps clear the siee windows and the rear view mirror.

The AC is basically only being used to dehumidify the air when defrosting, helping tomclesr the windscren faster.
Thanks for the response! The North American version (left hand drive) must have this "feature" do you know where I can find the AC wiring diagram service manual? In another thread it shows you can cut the bright green wire to disable the link but I really don't want to have to buy the manual just for this question.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:28 PM   #4
kevinj93

I have a copy of the service manual on my Google Drive. You should be able to grab it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-f...tMOb0QO-N6rw1-

You will need to download the file, unzip it and then use a web browser to explore it.

The wiring diageam shows the green wire goes from the AC push button swigch to the AC control module. I suspect there is a link from this switch to a second switch that will operate when the mode dial is turned to the Defrost position. This would be the link to cut, not the one from the On/Off switch.

Last edited by kevinj93; 10-04-2019 at 10:58 PM.
kevinj93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #5
Bikerboy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj93 View Post
I have a copy of the service manual on my Google Drive. You should be able to grab it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-f...tMOb0QO-N6rw1-

You will need to download the file, unzip it and then use a web browser to explore it.

The wiring diageam shows the green wire goes from the AC push button swigch to the AC control module. I suspect there is a link from this switch to a second switch that will operate when the mode dial is turned to the Defrost position. This would be the link to cut, not the one from the On/Off switch.
Thanks for the manual!! I actually was told to cut the mint green wire that is on the air direction knob (far left knob by driver) in pin #1 (green/baby blue wire), this wire appears to be the only link to the AC knob.
This did the trick, the AC doesn't automatically kick on anymore when I turn it to any of the defrost positions. If I ever need AC in those positions, I can manually turn it on myself!! Got it all back together.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #6
kevinj93

Glad you got it sorted out.