Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-04-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
adrew

Drives: '12 L 3-door 5-speed
2015+ front end body parts on 2012...?

I have a '12 Yaris L 3-door that looks like hell due to city life (needs a new bumper cover and both front fenders due to parking lot hit-and-runs).

I have found a few '15s with rear-end damage that are being parted out (wrong color, though, so haven't investigated further) and was wondering if all the bits underneath are the same -- like, if I bought the fenders/grille/bumper/headlights/etc., would it mount up to my '12 with no issues?

Any other suggestions?
  • Anyone used those eBay vendors that ship prepainted parts to your house?
  • Could I get OEM parts and drop them off at a body shop, then I install them? (not sure if shops would go for that)
adrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
no smashed 13-14s around eh?

theoretically yes, same chassis. Looks like the headlights still use H4 bulbs, so wiring seems ok. headlight shape is very similar. There is a tiny chance the headlight mounting has moved but i seriously doubt it. Fenders mount at the same places.

i'm 95% sure it'll fit with very little to no modification.

of course make sure that fender damage didnt move the metalwork its connected to...
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #3
adrew

Drives: '12 L 3-door 5-speed
Thanks. Not that I can find - I would love to find one the same color and then just swap the parts over to have factory paint.

The damage is cosmetic but — too much for PDR. The bumper cover is shot and one fender is totally bashed in/creased from a runaway shopping cart that rolled downhill on a windy day.

This thought came into my mind when I found a '15 locally that got rear-ended. I prefer the pre-refresh styling but if I could get all OEM stuff in the right color I would put the new front end on it.

Seems kind of like putting an Escalade front end on a Chevy pickup. :)
adrew is offline   Reply With Quote