Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #37
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post

Here is what you do. Get the Zage kit use a AEM/FIC, Greddy boost controller and timmer and Run a AEM water Methanol kit.
This is EXACTLY what I was planning on doing. I can't be bothered building the internals because if I can't do it I refuse to pay $1000+ in labor. I saw this as being the only other viable way to increase power, especially low end. In all honesty, the additional torque that would come with meth injection would be MORE power than I had ever planned to achieve.

Dunno how you found out about Zage using a Mitsu turbo, but that's cool with me. As far as I know, Mistu has good quality turbos, and (so far) I can't complain.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #38
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Yup.

Still wondering how Aras found that out. lol

We are ready when you are Aras!

EDIT: GRACE AT ZAGE CONFIRMED THAT IS IS NOT A MITS TURBO, Only designed off the 15g and made by Zage.

Aras, you might want to edit your post wtih this info.

I mean, is Zage QC/QA any good?

focus-Shift will find out and poss me:)
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010

Last edited by sleey0; 10-04-2010 at 10:52 AM.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #39
sleey0

And where does the Meth kit hook up? I am not really willing to get rid of the washer tank.

Also, our bays are very small.

Anyone have pics of there Meth setup?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"And that goes for any of you, never get put down from someone who gets jealous of you; build it and prove them wrong. There will always be haters and naysayers but those are also the ones who's cars are worth less than my seats."

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 10:50 AM   #40
xbgod
Banned

Drives: "Burning It Down GTX2860RS XB"
Like everything thats made, there are only so many real manufactures. The giveaway was the flange on the Zage kit. it's the same as all smaller Mitsubishi turbos. I did make a call or two but thats not important.

another example is Garrett = made by Honeywell
Turbonetics = made by Kelly Aerospace

Only so many ways to skin a cat guys. And these smaller companies do not have the funds to pull off such kits for so low overhead.

Greddy just so you know is like the Walmart JDM. quality parts but not true JDM.

ARC, HKS, TOP SECRET, FUSION these are real JDM Companies.

Methanol kit, tooooo easy buy the kit with the tank for your trunk. And mount the nozel right in front of your TB about 3 inches away.

XBG
xbgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #41
xbgod
Banned

Her is my nozel pictured below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04455.jpg (211.8 KB, 448 views)
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #42
sleey0

Are thos 2 rubber lines the Meth?

Hellp me out here lol.

The problem is that Idon't know about zages quality.

If you say it's the mitssu flange than GREAT! I can find a mits turbo cheao that may be btter quality that will fit.

Thanks, aras, for answering my zage flange questiion.

So, who makes the best mits turbos? LOL

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #43
xbgod
Banned

Here you go, more examples:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg water_inj_diagram.jpg (143.3 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg waterinj_2.jpg (121.0 KB, 441 views)
Old 10-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #44
sleey0

^^^ Was just on AEM's site looking at that graphic. LOLZ

Yeah, and ummm my "trunk" is not an xb trunk lol.

I have 2 10" JL's bak there in my hatch.

What about the spare tire area? Would that work and rout the lines underneath the car?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #45
xbgod
Banned

It's the black single line going into the welded bung right in front of the TB. Those other 2 lines are my old coolant lines for my old small ass TB. Sorry for the confusing pic but thats the stae my car is in, shit still everywhere.

XBG
Old 10-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #46
sleey0

1" left of the skunk 2 red logo?

Got it.

What about my proposal for the tank? Spare tire well?

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM   #47
xbgod
Banned

Ok final post on this. Or I think my brain is going to explode. "Garm is dead on"

the 1" skunk2 hose is a radiator hose being used for fitment purposes only.

Now back to the Zage kit. You see their willing to tell you about the copy of the 15G but what their not telling you is that the only real thing they do is modify the mitsubishi turbo like Greddy does.

Quite worring so much about all the brand name bullshit. All you need is that Zage kit put frankly. You have not the means or way to keep up with something more extreme, like garm or me. And thats not an insult thats just keeping it real. Our cars our toys (Garm and I) so we do what we want when we want. I have 2 other cars to drive besides that XB you on the other hand have yours as a DD don't push your luck. remember KISS (Kepp it simple stupid).

XBG
Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #48
sleey0

Thanks aras, I think.

I don't get your intro statement as I think 1" left of the RED SKUNK LOGO you will see the meth hose.

You misunderstood? I know the damn skunk rad hose wasn't the meth line. I was placing it 1" to the left north east a little FROM the rad hose. Damn, bro.

I will let this go and you (aras) contact me when u get back.

/end thread

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #49
xbgod
Banned

Dude, no reason to get butt hurt. But you always want to move on to something else and you haven't even gotten started yet. You cant add on things to parts you don't even have yet.

Me and Garm merly make suggestions but you always one to take them one step further and what if it to death.

We got it, your new and no faults you for that. We want something reliable for you that won't bust your bank and is very dependable. Belive me you would'nt want my car, it's a constant battle of checks and balances.

Don't turn your DD into a constant pain in your ass. Keep it small keep it simple. And you will have more fun knowing your stuff is reliable and still gives you that boost you like.

I wasn't trying to be hurtful.

XBG
Old 10-04-2010, 12:27 PM   #50
sleey0

I know, Aras.

I have been way too excited on this forum lately - and it shows.

No more from me.

Except advise on where to get parts at good prices (the stuff MI doesn't sell, of course).

I wasn't butt hurt lol. You def are a hoot and can't wait to catch up with ya!

Alrightly then. Guess I will leave the boards for ppl who really need help, which will be me inn a month or 2.

Good luck guys and sorry for pamming over the last few weeks.

I bet I have a lot of folks talking about me behind my back but whatever. We ALL started somewhere:D

See ya!!!!!

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM   #51
sleey0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbgod View Post
Dude, no reason to get butt hurt. But you always want to move on to something else and you haven't even gotten started yet. You cant add on things to parts you don't even have yet.
And there is a reason for this, believe it or not.

I am currently gathering parts.

So, naturally, I need to know what I need. Don't need to spend unwisely.

But, yes, I get to involved in the "will this work" etc.

See ya, peeps. I'll be around, but just to asnwer question about stuff I know about:0 lol

Thank yous to:
Aras, Garm, Focu, Pimp, 33OH, and anyone else I missed I apologize but THANK YOU!!!

~Wes

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 10-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #52
Focus_Sh1ft

So are you doing Zage?

Because the first thing I said to you was "if it's you're first time turboing, get a kit." I thought that was pretty sound advice.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:59 PM   #53
sleey0

Yes, focus. It looks that way. Might run a sc for a month just to see what it'll do.

I am waiting on Carlos to send pics.

I have time and once he does I will make my decision.

xbgod - 9/23/2010
Old 11-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #54
Focus_Sh1ft

Guide updated, tune posted.

Looks as though the Zage oil pan shouldn't be used. I'll update that portion when I get around to tapping my block for a new oil return spot.