Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-05-2006, 02:38 AM   #1
drell42

Drives: Blank
"OEM" fog lights from ebay

well I talked to the dealer the other day and they said the fogs were like $500 bucks! then i thought that I would look on ebay and I saw these, what do you guys think? Do you think it would be a good idea. I was going to make my own with some after markets and some fiberglass but for this price its done for me and its about the same price, if not less then if I did it my self!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-03-04-05-06-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Rick
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #2
jcove

Drives: 2011 Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by drell42
well I talked to the dealer the other day and they said the fogs were like $500 bucks! then i thought that I would look on ebay and I saw these, what do you guys think? Do you think it would be a good idea. I was going to make my own with some after markets and some fiberglass but for this price its done for me and its about the same price, if not less then if I did it my self!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/JDM-03-04-05-06-T...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks, Rick
Looks good in my opinion, but you will more than likely have to modify them a bit. They don't look like they'd fit exactly. Let me know if you try them, I'd be very interested to try.

I know in TO that "Princess Auto" has universal fog lit kits that would work for any of those interested here, that way we'd avoid the shipping costs and it's about the same price in Candian dollars. Plus, no stupid customs charges that shock the hell out of you. LOL Again, you'd have to modify them a bit to make it fit the fog light space in the bumper. Sorry I'm very tired and can't think straight right now. Can't think of the proper term.
jcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
Speedz
Will work for Yaris...

Drives: Yaris
I wonder how bright will it be compared to the Toyota OEM ones...
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
The Toyota lights are pitiful.

Don't know a ton about fog lights, but the shop guy who is going to install mine mentioned that he could replace the bulbs for brighter ones easy enough.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:58 AM   #5
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Really... what you should look for in putting in your own fog lights is something the same size of the toyota units that's easy to bracket in, but is a true fog light with the proper pattern that actually makes a fog light useful, it would probably be a better solution than the OEM units as most manufacturer OE units tend to be for looks and have horrible output patterns, not at all useful for their intended purpose... I'm trying to get my hands on the OE finishers and brackets so I can fab up a sub-bracket to put in a pair of nice fogs with a good pattern and output.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
I will be buying the eBay ones for the Liftback (I posted pic's in another thread already), and adding HID's to them as well.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote