Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2017, 12:11 PM   #55
justanotherdrunk

Drives: 2016 SE
justanotherdrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:37 PM   #56
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
If my street is somewhat representative of the area, you get the idea :)

In America a scene like that would be considered a sign of the Apocalypse.
NYC-SE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 01:04 PM   #57
yarisfitch

Drives: 2010 Liftback
Plenty of the auto parts stores use them as delivery vehicles
yarisfitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 02:27 PM   #58
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Three in a row; nice lol.

Reminds me of streets in Europe back in '03. Littered with Peugeot 206's.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:23 PM   #59
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
And the pic doesn't show that the other 3 cars before and after the Yaris were all Matrix's
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:12 PM   #60
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I see several Yarii every day in the parking lot where I work in the Toronto area. My nearby neighbor also has a Yaris, and there are plenty to be seen in the streets around Toronto.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk. Please excuse any typpos.
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:36 PM   #61
jayeh

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Rarely see another Yaris on the road. I don't think the massive grille-work helped attract new customers. Plus, the car always gets such bad press... while the Fit gets glowing reviews. I just don't get it; after driving the newer Fit several times, I think the Yaris is a better car in so many ways! Honda promotes the heck out of the crappy Fit, and Toyota would rather the Yaris rust on the lot.
When comparing cars to the US I tell people to removed the bottom class of car when thinking of the US.

The person in Canada that buys a Yaris would be the kind of person to buy a Corolla in the us... Corolla buyer = Camry...

When travelling in the US I was amazed at all the younger guys driving Camrys... here is an old persons car!
Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 AM   #62
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i was looking at Heffner Toyota yesterday trying to see new yaris hatch/sedans. they had ONE hatchback. the cambridge dealer had nothing!

the issue is price. by the time you get into a 5dr LE with a/c, PL, PW, etc you're into a base corolla that has all the same features....you have to WANT a smaller car with less power but better FE
Old 04-20-2017, 06:17 AM   #63
Pinchlite

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Lotsa Yaris around

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
I see several Yarii every day in the parking lot where I work in the Toronto area. My nearby neighbor also has a Yaris, and there are plenty to be seen in the streets around Toronto.

Many,many Yaris in my area aswell.Like I mentioned before I have yet to see one modified period...I think I may have seen one with tinted windows but not positive.Oh and have not seen a single one rusted,not even a 2007/2008 model which is the majority of the yaris I see and tend to be 4 DR HB.

I had one fella the other day who thought my car was much newer and did not even know what it was.Kinda surprised me as he is a car guy but he's into VW's.
Pinchlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #64
dogsridewith

Drives: 2007 2-door hatchback
Mind of Toyota--Yaris

Toyota and the dealers must have tried to keep the Yaris a secret in these parts. I had Tercel, Corolla and FX-16 and knew Echo was offspring of Tercel. But didn't have any idea what a Yaris was until I saw a CA Yaris on CL. Weird name...are Boris Yeltsin and Yaris Beltsin from the same province? And don't we really want to sell Corollas, Prii, RAV4...?
dogsridewith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #65
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
Not sure if you knew about this but car manufacturer sometimes build too much cars and they can't sell them. The cars end up in gigantic parking lot and probably stay there forever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 74028841lxfqeo73mh.jpg (185.1 KB, 64 views)
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 AM   #66
Pinchlite

Man!..a brand new 2007 2DR HB would be awesome.

How and where would someone enquire about unsold yaris's?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 PM   #67
David C

Drives: White '07 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchlite View Post
Man!..a brand new 2007 2DR HB would be awesome.

How and where would someone enquire about unsold yaris's?

As if it would be in better condition than a well maintained used one after sitting still in the sun and rain for 10 years xD

If you want a 2dr HB, come over here, there's plenty of them in good condition well equipped to be had for a good price, and you may even get a snow shovel and broom in the deal :)
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:39 AM   #68
Pinchlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
As if it would be in better condition than a well maintained used one after sitting still in the sun and rain for 10 years xD

If you want a 2dr HB, come over here, there's plenty of them in good condition well equipped to be had for a good price, and you may even get a snow shovel and broom in the deal :)
What DiCaprio mentioned.

(Not sure if you knew about this but car manufacturer sometimes build too much cars and they can't sell them)
Old 04-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #69
scratchpaddy
Hubcap Enthusiast

Drives: '09 3-door 5-speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCaprio View Post
Not sure if you knew about this but car manufacturer sometimes build too much cars and they can't sell them. The cars end up in gigantic parking lot and probably stay there forever.
Urban legend. It would make no sense for carmakers to keep paying for all that space indefinitely. When demand abruptly falls, like during the last recession, new cars sat for longer than usual, but it was months, not years. They will find a buyer, even if they have to settle for a fraction of the car's value. Anything is better than paying for storage and letting the cars depreciate further. Many of the pictures you see come from ports, taken of cars waiting for shipment to the destination country, which is something you'll see even when sales are moving normally.

Auto Death Zone
scratchpaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:43 PM   #70
DiCaprio
Just a Gaijin

Drives: 2006 Yaris 4 door 1.3l
Yes i heard that these cars are often bought for dumping prices by big companies who need a fleet of new vehicles. Like the company Telekom the only drive Renault Megans' in my area.
DiCaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:33 PM   #71
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
That pic DiCaprio posted looks exactly like an area outside Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. There is the port of entry for European manufactured vehicles entering Canada Volkswagen, Audi and Mercedes as far as the eye can see. Really is quite a sight.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #72
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
i was looking at Heffner Toyota yesterday trying to see new yaris hatch/sedans. they had ONE hatchback. the cambridge dealer had nothing!

the issue is price. by the time you get into a 5dr LE with a/c, PL, PW, etc you're into a base corolla that has all the same features....you have to WANT a smaller car with less power but better FE
First big mistake is going to a stealership. :-) To me it seems that gas prices in Canada drive a lot of the sales of small cars like the Yaris. I bought my first one purely because of getting a job which required a long commute - and then I got hooked and am on my second one. Great cheap driving.

tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
thoughts, yaris