Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
Gogogordy

Drives: Miss my Yaris, love my Jeep jk
The closest I could find between the Fit and my Yaris was some $4200 difference.

Prefer the Yaris, and the price.

Not a Honda fan anyway, (4 wheels or 2)
Gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #20
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
Nope, wouldn't change a thing.
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
I would have bought a GD Honda Fit! But I love my Yaris cause its more unique when its comes to modding them here in the states! But I have always owned more then 1 car at a time. I have a very fast other car, so the Yaris is just something to DD and have fun with!
Old 10-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #22
solarVitz

Drives: 08 Yaris S Liftback
Send a message via AIM to solarVitz Send a message via Yahoo to solarVitz
No for the Fit and a big Yes for the Yaris.

I'm buying 2 -

08 2door Liftback S in Blazing Blue

09 5door Liftback in Polar White
Old 10-17-2011, 02:24 AM   #23
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
Mine hasn't had any problems during the 4+ years I've owned it and it's performed very well in every situation so I never get buyer's remorse.

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:47 AM   #24
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
No way! I'd wanted a Yaris since the first year (2007) since the first time I saw Toyota's cute little piggy bank advertising. I didn't even test drive one before buying mine. Plus, I wanted a two-door.

Like Black Griffin, driving my Yaris puts a smile on my face every time and even just looking at it from ten feet away makes me smile!
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 AM   #25
Blue Y job

Drives: 2007 Blue Yaris Hatch
I looked at the Toyota website at the time (2007), with that slow and smooth moving camera interior and exterior, and I liked what I saw. Plus the price was right. At the time, they were a little over 10 grand, not hard to do, plus it's a Toyota. The mods I've done have made it special to me. The fit has never appealed to me, even though it has it's quality's.
Blue Y job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #26
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Do it again? think i would have gone with the Corolla for the extra size..
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #27
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Would have went with a 5dr instead. I was gonna pull the trigger, just pulled to soon cuz a week later I found one just like mine as a 5dr.. dammits..

I like the fit, esp the one that autocrosses in jacksonville, he is good too. He has been keeping track of my times for a while now and been dying to run against me. This past weekend we finally got a chance to see which was faster. It was close too. I like having a rival now. It makes owning the yaris that much more fun. gives me something to work towards.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #28
tk1971

Drives: 08 2Dr LB Base, Silver
No buyer's remorse here. When I was younger, I'd always suffer from the "grass is greener" syndrome. I now do my homework, make my decision and happily live with it because I now realize that if/when I change my mind, I can easily make that happen.

I went from this:

To my wife's Forester (seen in the background of the EVO pic), to my Yaris. I chose the Yaris specifically to replace my turbo cars for my daily commute. I don't need to burn as much gas on a 4 cylinder commuting as in my Expedition. Just doesn't make sense.

I'm perfectly happy with my Yaris, but I still get to occasionally commute with this:

and this:

tk1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:24 PM   #29
brg88tx

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan, Auto
nope, i like the look of my little sedan much more than the little mini van looking honda fit. plus the yaris is much cheaper.
brg88tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #30
rudi2

Drives: 1.s t
having a job were i am around cars all day every day and often changing my car 2-3 times a year due to borrrrrrrdom or tired of lifting the bonnet

I MUST SHOUT THE YARIS GIVEN THE CHANCE I WOULD REPEAT THE PROCESS

the little hatch which i believe is big on charecter, enough space for me ( not the smallest at 6.1 with the need for a drive through now and then ) and 2 boys 10 and 14
we all love it.
rudi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #31
paperboy

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 Door Hatch
The Fit has the better engine, the Yaris is roomier inside

The reason I went with the Yaris though was the price.

I got a 2007 5 door hatch with 95.000kms on it for $6,300 CDN

The closest to a comparable Fit I could find was $11,000 CDN

The Fit is just too expensive.
paperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:23 PM   #32
romram

Drives: yaris hatchback
i'll still buy a 2 door yaris. Fit's roof is too high,front angle view too wide with side post 'coz of side mirror. well fit's engine is too noisy inside the car ( i got a honda city 1.3L auto, it's not that noisy).
romram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:58 PM   #33
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
I've looked at everything else in it's class and some bigger cars like the corolla since I picked up my yaris in '08 and still nothing else appeals more. The mazda2 is close, but its freeway noise is more, mechanicals are questionable, and the arch in the front fender and smiley face grill have not grown on me yet. Fiesta-horribly low tech engine from the 90's-timing belt, really. Just check their forum-it is made in Mexico after all. Fiat 500-made in mexico-enough said. Fit, too much of a little wagon to me-yes, I too see the small minivan look. I could not have lived with the seat material everything sticks too. But the breaker was the very firm ride of the Fit-can't deal with it. 2012 yaris-well, it has enough quirks that it's growing on me
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
Kiteless

Drives: US 2007 Yaris Liftback 5MT
One can look back and say no, but for me the Yaris was exactly what I needed and 5+ years later my little car is still a fun, pointy (steering) little slow car. Knowing what I know now would I have bought the Yaris, maybe not, but I was not in a position to get anything bigger/faster/sportier. I could barely afford new. I lucked out and got a base package, 5-speed, power-nothing. It has tires and a steering wheels and A/C.

Now that I am a little older, and making more money, I long for a sporty car, even though I average at LEAST 35MPG with my Yaris. The care has been ultra good to me and I am glad I got it. But next year some time I am hoping to replace it with something low, and rear wheel drive like the Scion FR-S.

Bottom line, I don't regret buying the Yaris. It was a perfect fit for me. (no pun intended).

- Jason

Kiteless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:17 PM   #35
zfarsh

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009 Automatic
i do have buyers remorse, but not about choosing a Yaris sedan, but rather the package. I shouldnt have cheaped out and should have gotten a higher level package that came with the real cruise control, not the fugly one they put on it themselves, and nice fog lights too!!!! I love my Yaris Sedan Pacific Blue and would not have gone for a fit that is hatchback.
zfarsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:51 PM   #36
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
So I'd keep mah yaris and do it again just a change in tranny that is all
That's what my only complaint was about the Echo, until I put the 6 speed in .
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote