Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Another Hella Supertones Install

About a month ago someone backed into me while I was driving and when I asked if they heard my horn (I was laying into it...) the answer was no.

Decided to get a set of Hella Supertones from MI, because I like the look, liked how loud they were based on the YouTube videos that I had seen, and I love me some MI shopping.

I used a modified version CTScott's wiring guide ("check out these horns"), but used the Hella-supplied relay, so I kept it outside of the engine bay fuse box. (A big thanks to CTScott, too, for answering my questions before the install!)

horn2.jpg

Drilled a hole on the opposite side of where the stock horn so everything is even (mostly, they're off by a teeny bit).

And the finished product:

horn1.jpg

YouTube vid:
http://youtu.be/WrJKOS2xmMU
(Doesn't do them justice.)

Last edited by jpmck03; 05-27-2013 at 12:33 PM.
jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
UberSilver

Drives: 08Yaris2D, 88LandCruiser.
Looks good, I like mine too. And no one says they did not hear them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hella horns-1.jpg (471.7 KB, 164 views)
Old 05-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
A guy called into a local radio program I was listening to (fairly recently) here in the Houston metro area. The caller said a group of protesters were regularly gathering at the entrance to his subdivision to protest some action taken outside the U.S. by the U.S. Government that they didn't like. The protesters would block his pickup truck each time they were there when he tried to turn into the subdivision. This caused him to have to use another entrance that (in his particular case) was extremely inconvenient. He complained to the HOA, but they didn't want to get involved...didn't want to risk a lawsuit . The caller decided to spend $950 (parts and labor) on the loudest and best horn setup he could get away with and had the install completed. The next time the protesters blocked him, he honked. The protesters never blocked him again .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote