Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 AM   #55
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
We've got plenty of demand for $100 parts. Up that total to $300 and the demand fizzles. If you guys are honestly wondering why companies are reluctant to put together $2500+ power options for us, you aren't paying attention. Its OK because in the end nobody would buy them anyway... maybe Nutzoids and thats it!
It's not the cost of the turbo that scares me right now, its the cost of repairing a damaged automatic tranny or busted axles, etc... I can't afford to be the guinea pic, to find out what breaks, been there done that with my autostick tranny in my pt cruiser,( it breaks at 240HP if any wants to know )

plus voiding a perfectly good warrenty isn't my idea of fun yet either, if the car was a bit older maybe, I really had hoped for a TRD HP add-on, but I guess not.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #56
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
I really had hoped for a TRD HP add-on, but I guess not.
It's true, why has TRD not stepped up with performance parts the way they have for their trucks?
Old 06-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #57
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Because they know the 1NZ is built for FE and not speed. You cannot just slap an extra 50-75 HP on a car like this and expect everything to be fine and dandy 50,000 miles down the road. You may get lucky, but it would be just that... luck. Other things are going to break or require attention. Is TRD going to package a clutch, axles, connecting rods and forced induction? [among the half dozen other things I could think about replacing]

Unfortunately spkrman is no longer with us. I really wanted to hear the story about the day his car blew up. turboyaris is a little smarter and he is already looking at rebuilding the engine so it can HANDLE the 180 WHP he slapped on it a while back. Smart guy, that Nick. Take notes!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:04 PM   #58
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
There's more money to be had from the truck crowd..obviously, in their opinion, you're buying the yaris for cheap transportation. Thus, we won't be inclined to spend more money to go fast. Not necessarily MY opinion
YarisTom73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 02:21 AM   #59
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
ok, here's my two bits. If it wasn't made by Zero Parts Industries, that turbo kit would be on my car yesterday. I have NO problem with a $3,000 turbo kit (the one for my tC was originally $4800 + install + tuning)

I admit I'm probably a small minority of the market... sadly.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:08 AM   #60
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
From these forums I found out some enterprising guy took Honda CBR1100 or some other motorbike's ITB and fitted it up to a Scion. It made 35 extra horses but cost so much that no one bought it because it cost what I remember was three grand.

How good is it? Blitz had to go the forced induction route to get 25-30 hp, whereas this guy did it with NA (imagine the induction noise - free of charge!).

Apparently he ended up selling so few kits it wasn't worth the trouble.

You whine about the lack of aftermarket parts, you want the aftermarket companies to make it available, preferably in competition, so you can choose the cheapest, you want someone else to be the guinea pig, and you don't want to void your warranty.

Having your cake and eating it comes to mind, but it seems you want the other guy's cake too.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote