Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #19
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisGuy View Post
There is already quite a bit of support considering the car is only a year old. It usually takes at least several years for the aftermarket to grow and offer major options.

One thing is for sure, the more we do to our cars performance wise the more the aftermarket companies will take us seriously.

BLITZ
Tanabe
Tein
NST
C-ONE
Cusco

That is not too bad a list for a small car man.
so wheres the performance, you list suspension companies...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:12 PM   #20
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmf View Post
how on earth can you miss TRD, they make tons of part for the yaris/vitz, also you missed fujitsubo, f5 fujita, aem, weapon r, twm performance, chinocharles racing factory
wow air intakes....
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM   #21
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Um... Who wants to spend $10,000 to sup up a $12,000 car? These "Aftermarket" companies are more worried about turning, not just a buck, but a REALLY BIG BUCK!

OK so you say R&D but lets be honest, you just need to modify something you already have, no one is re-inventing the wheel here!

Greed now runs the aftermarket... before(now I'm showing my age) it was pride and respect... now ever since Mommy and Daddy pay for all of Jr.'s little toys until they die, now they can charge an arm and a leg for a hunk of crap!

Like $4000 for a 40whp supercharger!

But there are still some out there, Some companies that still keep the little guy in mind, and go above and beyond to save there customers a couple of bucks... Without saying any names...Cough NST Cough! They try there damndest to make their parts affordable for ANYONE...

Why can't a Turbo company make a "Watered Down" version... Where would Apple Computers be if they only sold $3,000 desktops and $2,000 laptops... they have em if you want em... but if you want a Mac Mini...$500!

You wanna sell your car? Do it... because your Bitching on this website won't help the cause!

Now if you wanna stand up and be heard... Well then your car better already have:

Megan Headers
Greddy Exahust
Tanabe Front Strut Bar
NST Pulleys
TWM Short Shifter Kit
F5 CAI
Bouche Platinum Spark Plugs
Grounding Kit
Upgraded Throttle Body
Tein Damper Kit
C-One Light Weight Flywheel
Konig Ultra Light Weight Wheels
TRD LSD
Stainless Steel Clutch and Break
C-One Rotors
Dezod Break pads
SEIBON Carbon Fiber Pieces

Then tell me your BORED!

megan headers---- dyno proven to add nothing...
greddy----- rice exhaust not out for the sedan, or any other for that matter.
NST pulley ----add zero HP
WM Short Shifter Kit--- but my cars an automatic
F5 CAI---never heard of it, and what about hydro lock?
Bouche Platinum Spark Plugs
Grounding Kit---got it....
Upgraded Throttle Body---who makes this, and does it throw a CEL?
Tein Damper Kit---got me on that one
C-One Light Weight Flywheel-0- again automatic....
Konig Ultra Light Weight Wheels--- wheels are coming soon.....
TRD LSD------------automatic.....
Old 06-22-2007, 09:22 PM   #22
punch

I think I'll stick around for awhile, I still have stereo mods to do, and rims, and a trd sway bar sitting in my garage,I think I'll work the suspension and hope for more turbo options in the future, thanks ....
Old 06-22-2007, 09:37 PM   #23
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
If you wanted performance you probably shouldn't have bought an automatic. Granted they end up woking great once you get into big power levels but nothing you are gonna see come from a 1.5L yaris.

I bought a 05 stang in jan 05,that car had decent aftermarket support relitively soon after its release,but it was a lot of the same thing,10 types of cold air intakes,only a few springs available,underdrive pulleys,exhaust,crappy headers that made no power or way over priced ones that do,the only real head start is the handheld tuners made for those cars. Thats the brick wall the yaris is at now,till we can tweak the ecu for a fair price,you aren't gonna see too much come out for this car that will actualy have a decent effect on power.

I was pleasently surprised with how much is out for this car considering its non performance based and only been out for a year in the US. I garuntee Japan has an crapload of parts out already for the vitz/yaris and will very soon for the belta/yaris. Getting them over here is another deal though,that relys on public interest.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:40 AM   #24
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
WM Short Shifter Kit--- but my cars an automatic
C-One Light Weight Flywheel-0- again automatic....
TRD LSD------------automatic.....
Let me say this so EVERYONE can understand...

Ahem...

IF YOU OWN AN AUTOMATIC, THEN YOU HAVE NO, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTLY NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT PERFORMANCE!

That is all!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:55 AM   #25
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
the only parts for autos to talk about is maybe just lowering or suspension components and muffler LOL engine performance = no point for autos....and i have one LOL o well.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 AM   #26
Nutzoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
the only parts for autos to talk about is maybe just lowering or suspension components and muffler LOL engine performance = no point for autos....and i have one LOL o well.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:27 AM   #27
lostmind

Drives: 06 STi, 07 rav4, 07 yaris
I know a guy that's driven an automatic turbo'd protege5 for years with no problems and no complaints. It's stinky fast too, killed wrx's.

Just thought I'd toss that out for fun.

I mean, it's quite obvious you can't really properly drive the yaris in automatic (I _ALWAYS_ catch myself trying to downshift)... but you could definitely pull more power outta it. Just gotta sit tight and wait for the aftermarket to mature a bit. Let the bleeding edge types spend their money and find out what works and what doesn't... :)
lostmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #28
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
Let me say this so EVERYONE can understand...

Ahem...

IF YOU OWN AN AUTOMATIC, THEN YOU HAVE NO, ABSO-FUCKING-LUTLY NO RIGHT TO TALK ABOUT PERFORMANCE!

That is all!

hehe your a funny man, check out the srt-8's, corvettes, and 500hp auto stick pt cruiser's, and yes the next car will be a stick for me also...

Punch
Old 06-23-2007, 01:03 PM   #29
Nutzoids

Quote:
hehe your a funny man, check out the srt-8's, corvettes, and 500hp auto stick pt cruiser's, and yes the next car will be a stick for me also...

Punch
Lets not forget about the 106HP Yaris!

Old 06-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #30
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:

Punch
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? how in hell are you gonna compare cars that have double the horsepower and triple the aftermarket support to a automatic yaris......

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #31
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Performance is pretty relative.....a 1.5 l Yaris is just that. Can't tell me all the mods that are available don't help the auto any less than the manual! And can't tell me the auto doesn't outperform the manuals in some instances, and vice versa....it's a matter of preference. Everyone can be a Walter Mitty, just not everyone knows how (or will ever be able) to use the manual better than auto.....fun factor isn't always the same as performance. My daughters swear by their MR2 5 speeds....myself I'd like to try the Spyder's paddle shifter.

Heck for $4,000 more than my Yaris....I would have bought a spyder/hitch/trailer and would have gas money for a year, probably better performance than a supercharged Yarii, and been able to carry more crap around.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #32
sdmf
Down With the Sickness

Drives: 2007 yaris liftback
Send a message via AIM to sdmf
Quote:
wow air intakes....
trd japan has alot of stuff for the yaris/vitz, check out the stuff from boomplustoys.com twm makes shortshifter kits, at least you have options, try searching stuff for the corolla

Strength - Determination - Merciless - Forever
sdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #33
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Fun fact... C-ONE has 30+ products alone.

We'll catch up on this side of the pond. Mark my words!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #34
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? how in hell are you gonna compare cars that have double the horsepower and triple the aftermarket support to a automatic yaris......
well if you could follow along, I was referring to the dude who said you can't get performance with an automatic, and I posted a few hi powered cars with automatics...

if you can't follow a thread please stay out of it!
Old 06-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #35
punch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Fun fact... C-ONE has 30+ products alone.

We'll catch up on this side of the pond. Mark my words!
chino, 30 + products, and from what I've seen there all suspension related or body parts, I was hoping for turbo options, or superchargers....
Old 06-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #36
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The reason you do not see bolt on turbocharger or supercharger kits made is because this engine cannot handle it! Seals start braking down with that much pressure in the cylinders over time. Have we learned nothing from the Scion crowd?

However, that does not mean all hope is lost for the 1NZ-FE. Don't forget this... we all have one thing and one thing only in common. We may differ in every other way, but we can all agree that as owners of this car we have some emotional investment in fuel economy. We're all sick of paying $50+ for a tank of gas, and now none of us have to! Now, what if someone busted out a solution to the power problem... a reasonably priced kit of parts to turn the 1NZ from an underpowered gas sipper into a reasonably powered occasional drinker. This may not be a supercharger or turbocharger... it may be some different internals, a different block and/or some type of engine management, or some nitrous or whatever. Whatever it takes. It all starts with a teardown of this engine and a pow-wow over the remnants. Until you've done that, you have no clue of this engine's proper solution. You're shooting in the dark.

As soon as you take the 1NZ out of the picture, this is no longer a FE-biased car. I'd rather see someone figure out how to make the 1NZ a little more powerful rather than seeing someone figure out how to bolt a 23 MPG engine into a 40 MPG car. It isn't in line with what this car is really about.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote