Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Hey guys and CTScott..

I assume based on the interchangeable parts that this kit from the CruiseControl store will fully work with our Yaris which is for the 08 Corolla?...

The kit includes the stalk and wire harness?

I know it is expensive, but since it has the cutting tool to cut the hole in the trim for the stalk to go through I am considering it..

http://www.cruisecontrolstore.com/ez...3/250-1768%20C

P.S... The switch to turn on the cruise control on the stalk, it is a mechanical switch to where it stays in when turned on, or a digital switch to where when pressed, it sends the signal to the ECU to which turns on the dash indicator?... Since I don’t have the dash indicator, I would rely on the switch to let me know if the cruise is on or off

thanks guys!

Now that is crazy expensive. You can buy the lower cover with the hole already in it for about $15 (part number 45184-52130-B0) and an ebay stalk for well under $50.

As for the indicator, the switch is a momentary input to the ECM, so on 07-08's there is no indicator. I designed a circuit using a small microprocessor to see the button press and be able to distinguish between the on/off and the other buttons being pressed. Nickjhort installed and is using my prototype one. Cruz_gsr contacted me this week about getting one made, so I built some production ones and have been meaning to post a thread with them for sale. Below is a picture of the module. There is a panel mount blue LED for the indicator (that just requires a 1/4" hole). Two of the three wires are connected to the stalk (or switches for the full DIY version) and the third is connected to the ignition switched wire on the keyswitch. The modules are $25 shipped to the US and $30 shipped to Canada.

CC Indicator Module.jpg

CC Indicator.jpg
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Dude.. You DA MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Now that is crazy expensive. You can buy the lower cover with the hole already in it for about $15 (part number 45184-52130-B0) and an ebay stalk for well under $50.

As for the indicator, the switch is a momentary input to the ECM, so on 07-08's there is no indicator. I designed a circuit using a small microprocessor to see the button press and be able to distinguish between the on/off and the other buttons being pressed. Nickjhort installed and is using my prototype one. Cruz_gsr contacted me this week about getting one made, so I built some production ones and have been meaning to post a thread with them for sale. Below is a picture of the module. There is a panel mount blue LED for the indicator (that just requires a 1/4" hole). Two of the three wires are connected to the stalk (or switches for the full DIY version) and the third is connected to the ignition switched wire on the keyswitch. The modules are $25 shipped to the US and $30 shipped to Canada.

Attachment 29263

Attachment 29264
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote