Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
sleepyu
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris XP90
Blitz compressor specs?

Does anyone know where you can get any information regarding the specs of the compressor used on the 2nz-fe (from what ive found out the model no is 07-1004e) ive tried searching the web, ive contacted various retail sellers, looked through various blitz websites (jp, uk and usa) and looked over countless forums (at best I find threads with people having trouble installing the kit, or saying yer its great) but can find no real information about the kit. Im talking about things such as the units Displacement, its maximum air flow, the max drive speed, the units dimensions, its weight. Is any of this info out there? surely blitz released a spec sheet. I just find it baffling when i search for an eaton supercharger or a sprintex twinscrew the spec sheets the first thing to come up.

Any help would be great.
sleepyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
you could check with microimage. they sell the kits. they are really good with customer service.

they guy's name is Garm and his user name is caliyaris.

you could also contact him on www.microimageonline.com

good luck to you.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I've been selling the kit for about 3 years now, I have never seen a spec sheet. The "directions" are terribly lame, we had to write our own with the help of members who did their own installs.

I can tell you what it weighs, and I can measure any particular part of it you like, but that's about it. On the Toyota Yaris, it produces about 9psi which results in a gain of approximately 30-40 whp.

The pulley is an electronically controlled clutch type. Any fixed or underdrive pulleys are custom pieces. The Yaris crank pulley has no room to be an overdrive pulley, either.

Hope that helps, at least a little. You are welcome to call our shop at (818) 610-3635 to ask further questions.

[edit] Thanks Beef, we were both posting.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ Good find!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
If it is controlled clutch eletrictly is it possible to have the supercharger boost up to around 3000rpm and then disengage and have the turbo boost so that there is no turbo lag? Been thinking about this for ages since my yaris has been at the garage!

Thinking if it is possible to put a Blitz supercharger or power enterprise supercharger with the zage turbo kit and possibly find a valve control to switch between supercharger and turbo depending on rpm so that you get the best of both worlds for performance! But would he 1nzfe stock be able to take all that boost throughout the revs is another question!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5Help View Post
Perhaps this helps.

This Supercharger is made by Ogura for Blitz. Blitz doesn't manufacture any of their superchargers or turbos. They are sub-sourced out.
Here is some typical information on that Supercharger.

The Ogura blower is a roots style positive displacement blower that works by pulling air through a pair of smoothly meshing rotors. These rotors have a unique design and connect to each other internally by a gear set that sets the rotors 90 degrees apart from each other. As the rotors turn (in opposing directions) air is trapped in the pockets formed between the rotors and the housing. For every revolution of the rotor a volume of air (depending upon the supercharger's size) gets pumped from the intake to the discharge. Because of Ogura's special coated rotors and the use of similar materials, expansion rates can be held close between components maintaining a very close tolerance. This gives the Ogura units very high efficiency compared to traditional roots type blowers.

In some applications the input to the Ogura air pump is via an integral electric clutch. This allows remote engagement and disengagement of the air pump. So, the air pump only operates when required. Also, when the air pump is not rotating, air can not flow backwards due to the unique sealing design. This helps to make the rest of whatever system the unit goes into more efficient.

Ogura's Design Advantages

Low system inertia:
The advanced rotor design uses low inertia components that can be easily accelerated and maintain good clearance in high temperatures.

Remote engagement/disengagement:
An electromagnetic clutch can be added to any of the Ogura air pumps to allow easy engagement or disengagement, reducing parasitic loads since the unit only rotates when air boost is needed.

Special coated rotors:
The rotor lobes in the air pumps have a special coating that helps them to adapt to the thermal expansion within the unit, this helps to maintain very tight clearances. The rotors coating also has the ability to absorb particulates, reducing the chance of scoring the housing, allowing the unit to maintain high efficiency over a long time.

Higher efficiency:
Because of the advanced rotor design the sealing of the air is spread over a larger contact area, which improves operating efficiency and reduces noise.

That was an awesome find. With a little googling it appears that the one used in the Blitz kit is the TX07 (based on measurement comparisons with the attached PDF and my Blitz).

http://www.ogura-clutch.com/files/pd...perCharger.pdf
Old 04-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgab101 View Post
If it is controlled clutch eletrictly is it possible to have the supercharger boost up to around 3000rpm and then disengage and have the turbo boost so that there is no turbo lag? Been thinking about this for ages since my yaris has been at the garage!

Thinking if it is possible to put a Blitz supercharger or power enterprise supercharger with the zage turbo kit and possibly find a valve control to switch between supercharger and turbo depending on rpm so that you get the best of both worlds for performance! But would he 1nzfe stock be able to take all that boost throughout the revs is another question!
if you spend the money to beef up the internals the engine will handle as much boost as you could possibly put through it. However with a supercharger you'd probably want a larger turbo.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:55 AM   #8
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
if you spend the money to beef up the internals the engine will handle as much boost as you could possibly put through it. However with a supercharger you'd probably want a larger turbo.
Yes I agree going twin charge definitely a bigger turbo! Would be awesome to see the results how much power it is capable of making!
Old 04-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

with the right parts I see no reason for it to not hit 500hp+ or more.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

500 hp or more will require 30+ pounds of boost on a fully built motor with lots of work and tricks. I don't think the supercharger is designed for it, nor is it required to make large horsepower, since it would be turned off at some preset boost level.

In other words, the blower is not going to contribute to a peak number like that.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Thanks Wikipedia
Old 04-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #12
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

If you're using Wikipedia as a source, that's fine, although there are quite a few errors in general, especially with respect to cars -- just cite your source so there is transparency.

That's a fair request when you aren't writing the material in your post, right? No condescension intended.

The thread topic was in context of a specific supercharger kit, just to be clear and point us back in that direction.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I didn't say that particular article had errors. I said Wikipedia articles often do.
OP's post had nothing to do with twin charging. We all got off-topic; including me.

I would love to see someone twin charge a Yaris. The article you copied illustrates the difficulties very well.

And you didn't answer my question, that it's a fair request to cite a source when you copy material instead of writing it?
Old 04-04-2012, 02:07 AM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Last edited by 1.5Help; Today at 06:21 PM.
yep - movin' on. Your posts ARE technically informative.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
500 hp or more will require 30+ pounds of boost on a fully built motor with lots of work and tricks. I don't think the supercharger is designed for it, nor is it required to make large horsepower, since it would be turned off at some preset boost level.

In other words, the blower is not going to contribute to a peak number like that.
well exactly. I think the point of twin charging is so you can use some ridiculous turbo that the engine itself has no chance of feeding enough air. The blitz would probably be too small to use in such an application.

like that 700+ hp Lotus running around it takes tons of work.