Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
GnarGnar-YarYar

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Turbo Tips and Engine Quips?

THE TIME HAS COME!(dramatic music) to build my HATCH!
Alright so Ebay has a t25/t28 for originally for the Scion XB but i did a little digging and it works on a 1.5L 1NZFE Engine so it should fit my 07 yaris hatch??
just double checking here? OK now if it fits im going to only set the thing to about 7 or 8 PSI. Now can my stock engine handle this beast? ive searched high
and low and the best i can get is numbers on HP.
ALSO besides haveing to edward sissor hands my bumper am i going to need to do anything else to accomidate the kit?

Next Im thnking exhaust give the girl some breathing room any ideas on size? im thinking a 2.5-3 in?
IF all gos well and shes dynoed and tuned, and a short shifter theres not much more to do to the engine....or is there?
GnarGnar-YarYar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
With all due respect, you haven't searched enough. All of the answers are readily available on this forum alone.

Quote:
so Ebay has a t25/t28 for originally for the Scion XB but i did a little digging and it works on a 1.5L 1NZFE
Your description is inadequate to answer the question. Are you talking about the turbocharger, the manifold, or what? Where are the pictures? What brand?

Quote:
im going to only set the thing to about 7 or 8 PSI. Now can my stock engine handle this beast?
Yes, up to about 10 psi, we think. So you're going to have a 7-8 psi spring in your wastegate? Internal or external? Boost controller or no?

Quote:
ALSO besides haveing to edward sissor hands my bumper
Why would you need to do that? The turbo is in the back.

Quote:
t Im thnking exhaust
2.25" up to 8 psi, then 2.5" 9-12psi, 3" over 300 whp (15 psi or more). Just my opinion there.

Quote:
dynoed and tuned, and a short shifter theres not much more to do to the engine....or is there?
please tell me this is not a serious question.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #3
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
sometimes it seems

that some posts are made by the same person who wrote the lyrics for this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fru-P...eature=related
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
GnarGnar-YarYar

I wont lie my man i have noo idea what im doing.. ebay number is 27074234395 so you can take a look? And by chopping the bumber i ment for the intercooler? And your right i havent done enough research im just looking for a knowledgeable yaris god like your self to help me out here... and it was a serious question unfortunately.. i apologize for my noobness
Old 12-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

no mods to the bumper should be necessary. Other questions I answered (I think I got them all).
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Your search returned 0 items.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
^lol. Discrete, yet effective.

Seriously OP. Do some digging and learn as much as you can. Also drop the idea of a custom kit if you don't know what you're doing. This is why we have the Zage kit.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
suspect

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #9
GnarGnar-YarYar

Im just lookin for a list of how to make my lil car get up and go how would you build a 06 hatch? If you could ? and i know what im doin install wise is just up till recently i was a old muscle car guy i lived in the 454 duel holly carborators world i didnt even know what jdm was... i just need ya to lay out what i need for the best price zage sounds nice but if i can avoid breaking my bank i going to. Laugh all u want say what you gotta say im a 18 year old makeing a lil under 1000 a month i need help, i need advice, and i need awsners asap. And yes you did cali and i appreciated all of it.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:45 PM   #10
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
if you want bolt-on power, get a blitz compressor and be done with it

if you go turbo, and you want a daily driver, you are talking about serious engine
science to tune it properly and avoid detonation problems, and a trip to the dyno with
someone who knows how to tune the 1nz

all the info is already posted on yarisworld. read the info, buy the parts, strap it on, and
tune the build. no one just 'jumps into' turbocharging a yaris unless they research the hell
out of it, or hand the car over with a pile of cash to someone who can do the whole job.

seriously, there are many ways to screw it up which are fixable, but waste a crapload of time

don't forget you should also install stronger clutch, limited slip differential, and stronger cv joints,
bigger brakes for the added power... or the stock parts might not last very long
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:47 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
don't forget you should also install stronger clutch, limited slip differential, and stronger cv joints,
bigger brakes for the added power... or the stock parts might not last very long
You don't need any of that for a Blitz kit, or all the bolt-ons, or with a low-boost Zage and no add-ons. (except you should save for the clutch you'll need next year).

Let's do it this way. Please fill in the blank in the following sentence:

"I have $_____ to make my Yaris go faster. What can I do with that budget?"
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #12
GnarGnar-YarYar

6000 with a 1000 a month
Old 12-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Dont forget some form of Engine management.. hope you like WIRES!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:08 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

here are some rough numbers without looking up my actual prices, so let's not stress it's just a general budget picture:

Zage kit: $1650 shipped
water line/fittings: $40
oil pressure gauge/boost gauge/pods: $320
do your own wiring: $?
AEM FIC: $379
Lite Pulley: $130
2.25" turbo-back exhaust system: $400

Suspension, brakes, lightweight wheels, tires, small accessories: $800-5000.

Driving Enjoyment Increase: Priceless.

There you go.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #15
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarGnar-YarYar View Post
Im just lookin for a list of how to make my lil car get up and go how would you build a 06 hatch? If you could ? and i know what im doin install wise is just up till recently i was a old muscle car guy i lived in the 454 duel holly carborators world i didnt even know what jdm was... i just need ya to lay out what i need for the best price zage sounds nice but if i can avoid breaking my bank i going to. Laugh all u want say what you gotta say im a 18 year old makeing a lil under 1000 a month i need help, i need advice, and i need awsners asap. And yes you did cali and i appreciated all of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarGnar-YarYar View Post
6000 with a 1000 a month
What's the hurry again? Save the money, do your homework and then you will have a better understanding of what you want, the SAME as you did with a 454. 750 Holly Double Pump vs 650 single, same thing applies here. An engine is an engine to begin with, but how it runs is always different.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:46 PM   #16
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
if you go turbo, and you want a daily driver, you are talking about serious engine
science to tune it properly and avoid detonation problems, and a trip to the dyno with
someone who knows how to tune the 1nz
It's not a "serious engine tune" that's needed for such a small turbo and low boost. All that really needs to be done is the AFRs and it isn't that difficult to learn if you're willing. Even if you take it to a tuner it should only be a couple hundred to get the AFRs dialed in.

Quote:
Most of that is overkill. The only thing you'll need is a stronger clutch and that won't even be necessary right away. Sorry A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby, not trying to call you out but I definitely disagree.

Management for zage kit - either FIC or camcon.

Otherwise like I said before - just read read read. That's what I did. I came from knowing absolutely nothing, did some research and asked some questions, then about six months later successfully turboed my Yaris.

Also - don't be one of those people that make all these huge unobtainable plans for your car - especially on a limited income. I see so many people do this then NOTHING gets done. It's great to dream but it's even better to see it become reality.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #17
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
That's what I did. I came from knowing absolutely nothing, did some research and asked some questions, then about six months later successfully turboed my Yaris.
Exceptional. Took me four years.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #18
GnarGnar-YarYar

OK soo i just spent every wakeing min reading damn near everything about turbo kits on this website especially The Pimp my yaris one and a pack of cigs later and a full page of notes i have come out of this enlightend( sorry it took so long between the Girl,Work,and Sleep not much time to research)... it seems i might have jumped the gun at the start but im back on track now. AND TO ALL READING THIS SHAKEING YOUR HEADS.. my bad guys. ALRIGHTTY THEN REDEMPTION TIME! Sorry Garm goin the ebay route i got a full kit for under 800$ GOODBYE PAYCHECK 1!
[IMG][/IMG]
comes with a cast manifold that dosent block AC or Power steering.
[IMG][/IMG]

SPECS
T25/T28 Turbocharger
Internal wastegate
Oil and water cooled

Compressor Specs:
Inlet: 1.70 inch
Inducer: 42.87mm
Major: 60mm
Compressor: .80AR
Compressor Housing: M24/ T2
Turbine Specs:
Exducer: 1.850"
Turbine: .86AR
Major: 53.10mm
Minor: 46.25mm
Exhaust outlet flange with 5 bolt design
Internal wastegate set around 7 PSI
(lets hope My spring is actually 7).. damn ebay

Now After this Is AEM FIC and i am still debateing running a stand alone or a PnP im leaning more to the PnP with less work but more $$.New injectors and pump are apparently a MUST so im either going to have to buy new or going junking or ebaying to find used. (2 weeks later) GOODBYE PAYCHECK 2!

Then just figure out piping intercooler to throttle body.A buddy of mine works at a nice lil tuner shop in town that can hook me up with a downpipe custom exhaust, and dice and build a intake (4 Weeks Later) GOODBYE PAYCHECK 3 and maybe 4.

Now would be time to try and solve heat problems with wrap,blankets, heat Sheild and paint treatment. Also thought maybe a new hood with air flow would help

Its also been said Oil line placement is critical SO read that for a few hours and even popped under my car for a good look and were to place. Not to mention inspection of the restrictor on arrival as to try to avoid pimps problem.

Also run my clutch till she gives but order a stage 3 ASAP
She already had a minor facelift with 17 in rims, Led Tails, and Halo Fronts, on 2 in lowering springs and tint. Shes already blacked out but now she will look mean and run mean

After all is said and done and accounting for hicups i figure ill be in or below the 2 g range
Which means saveing for a complete engine rebuild for when i need to replace clutch. Shouldent be any harder then rebuilding my 79 Bmws engine and that boys and girls was a bitch if i ever met one... REDEMPTION??? i think yess but i amy be wrong... Guys?