Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #73
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Typical jersey driver, running Hid's in a stock housing is just rude! Think about the other drivers you are blinding....
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #74
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
OK, a bit of a thread revival!

As I think I mentioned, the first set of eBay projector lights I got were "ghosting" (the "halos" were "glowing" after the lights were turned off). I was given new LED bulbs to see if that would correct the problem, then was sent a new set when it didn't.

Things were peachy for a long time, but I noticed the high beams where aimed too high while my learner's permit son was driving the car the other night (I rarely drive where I can use them).

No biggie, easy to adjust and I did; but now the "glowing/ghosting" is back on the driver's side.

What's odd is that when I disconnect the wiring to the actual headlights, it goes away; but the power to these "halos" comes from the auxiliary/running lights! I put a regular light bulb on that socket and nothing, but as soon as I plug things back together the "glow" comes back!

I am Schlitz'd on this, anyone got any ideas?!?

Cheers! M2
Old 11-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #75
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
I hear if you type in CtScott three times into your address bar in your browser he appears
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #76
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Jersey drivers rude? Never heard that one, but I have been blinded with highbeams before when I drive through PA alot to my parents house from people that don't switch back to low beams. HID throws out WAY more light then regular bulbs and even a shitty HID kit will last almost as long as regular light bulbs will and throw out 10 times more light. Now aligning your headlights is another story, which most people don't do, You can have regular bulbs and still blind people if your headlights aren't aligned, or you leave on your highbeams. So why all the hate on the HID? I notice some people really don't like it, but HID makes a world of difference in lighting up the road. HIDs are designed to go into stock housings, not the projector lenses. Most projectors lenses warn not to run HID in them cause it is a different bulb and can ruin the projector lense. I use HID cause of the danger of hitting a deer while driving back from my parents, since PA has no street lights anywhere or pedestrians walking along the side of a street at night dressed in all black here in NJ (which happens here ALOT)! HIDs give you that little extra time to react when you are travelling at speed and to me well worth it when I have my kids in the car with me most of the time. Also I notice there are people who run all sorts of crazy colors which doesn't always help with better lighting, but that's there personal preference what color temperature they run. Anyways, just my 2 cents. I know that I will never hit anything in front of me cause I didn't see it at night, but your welcome to run that $2 Walmart bulb in yours if that is what you want to put your trust in.

Last edited by jeeper5usa; 01-12-2013 at 11:20 PM.
jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #77
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
OK, while these are "OK" I think I want to spend a little more money and get some higher quality projector headlights. I do like the style of these but they are the Taiwanese ones from eBay and as I've said, they've got some minor issues such as the "ghosting" affect previously described.

To be honest, I am going more for looks here than brightness, I don't do much driving at night and when I do it's not at great speeds.

If I can find a decent set to replace the ones I have, I will put the latter up for sale. I actually have two sets as the first had some LED outages so the seller just sent me a second set. I am willing to part with them 'as is' but I first have to find replacements.

Suggestions are welcomed.

Cheers! M2