Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2007, 11:21 PM   #1
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
cost of Civic vs Yaris

Honda's got some financing incentive on their Civic, so I've decided to crunch some numbers.

Assuming you had no money and wanted to finance a car for 5 years (not lease). In options level, the Yaris CE with power package is comparable to the Civic DX-G. Both cars have power window, ABS, hub caps and air condition. However, the Honda has the side airbag and a crash worthiness that's in a different league.

It's surprising that on a 60 month financing, the Yaris would cost $394/month while the Civic Coupe goes for $423/month (a $29/month difference). That's with nothing down and capitalizing and Honda's current financing incentive.

If I wasn't so fixed on getting a car that can haul cargo, it'd be a tough call.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #2
ya_RS

Drives: 07 RS
I had the same issues.... as far as numbers came it was a small difference within $50 ...

one deciding factor was I'm coming FROM a civic (and wanted something new) and my preference I wanted the YARIS :)

now they are both great cars and it took me a while mind you that my options were

Honda Fit
Honda Civic
Toyota Yaris
Nissan Versa
Nissan Sentra

i was big on Honda's but decided on something new and im glad cause im enjoying the Yaris!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #3
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
my choices were etween the yaris, civic, impreza or the versa

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
ya_RS

Drives: 07 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway84 View Post
my choices were etween the yaris, civic, impreza or the versa

Impreza?? how'd that get in there... and why aren't you driving it??
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #5
joe keeney

Drives: yaris 2 door hatch
Toyota the big Q N 1 vs 5 or 6 Honda over priced over rated.
joe keeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:39 PM   #6
Pars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_RS View Post
I had the same issues.... as far as numbers came it was a small difference within $50 ...

one deciding factor was I'm coming FROM a civic (and wanted something new) and my preference I wanted the YARIS :)

!!
I was also considering replacing my 98 Civic Hatch for an 06 civic coupe and took one for a test spin. At the time, the old Civic had over 200,000km on the performance upgrades (tokico, pro-kit, Toyo, Konig, Neuspeed, etc) So, I figured the new 06 should be able to out-class/out-gun the old one that was getting long in the tooth. Nope. The old Hatch could have drove circles around the new coupe, so I didn't buy it. Since the Yaris wasn't trying to be a sport car, but had a lot of character and some good dynamics, I ended up getting it.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:13 PM   #7
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
pars replace those rims into ure yaris lol

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:25 PM   #8
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
The Civic that I wanted would have been around $150/month more than what I'm paying for my Yaris. Even though the Civic has side airbags(I believe the Yaris doesn't have them), it just seemed like too much extra to pay. Plus, not being sure what my future would bring(job wise) also swayed my decision!
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:30 PM   #9
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by landrym28 View Post
The Civic that I wanted would have been around $150/month more than what I'm paying for my Yaris. Even though the Civic has side airbags(I believe the Yaris doesn't have them), it just seemed like too much extra to pay. Plus, not being sure what my future would bring(job wise) also swayed my decision!

Also the Civic are a dime a dozen. Get something different!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:22 AM   #10
Pars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway84 View Post
pars replace those rims into ure yaris lol
I should have, but I sold them with the car. They were Konig Tuners with a machined finish.

When I can spare some money, I'm thinking about getting the Konig Hellium for the Yaris. They're light weight and reasonably priced, but they're not machined finished (The machined finish is easier to restore if you mistreat them).