Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #1
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
anyone using a convertible car seat in a 2dr hatch?

I've got a 2009... we had a Gracco seat for my daughter with a base for when she was an infant and it worked great. However have run into an issue finding a rear facing seat that accomdates an infant.

We bought a Diono but it's way to tall and the front mounting mechanism makes it impossible to mount in the center using the belt... I'm going to have a go with wifes Britax as it looks way smaller than the Diono Radian we bought for the yaris.

Need something that can go in the center or behind the drivers seat while rear facing... I have to be able to scoot in the back passenger side to get her in there.
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
We used a Chicco , but this was 12 yrs ago =/. I remember the Britax ones being more upright and flimsy, and they just felt cheaper and unsafe overall. Probably all in my head at the time, but the Chicco one was solid, space saving and didn't cramp on comfort for the baby when rear facing in the back of my 08 hatch. Never had a complaint about it, mainly due to the way they design the seating positions and the way you can change the angles easily; you never lose and leg room. Someone gifted us a Gracco one and it was hell to clean. Everything on the Chicco one zipped on and off from what I recall. Hope that helps.
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote