Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2008, 10:20 PM   #37
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
he should be good, if his target is a 10x10 brick wall
Old 11-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #38
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I've got squirrel problems...the Barrett M107 takes care of them quite nicely!

And I don't give a fuck about the Geneva Convention anymore, I hung up my uniform a few years back and am now a contractor.

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #39
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
The kids

Ruger P95 along with

Glock 23

270 Winchester rifle

Shorty Mossberg 12 gauge
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:30 AM   #40
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
and a few of these back in the day....way back, lol
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:14 AM   #41
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
not to open a can of worms , but why do you need CCW? are the States that dangerous?
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Incidentally, our murder rate hereabouts is well under 5.0/100,000, excepting nearby Pittsburgh, which has a burgeoning Drug Market. It's not the Drugs, it's the kiddies fighting over turf and debt. You cannot settle either one in Courts so they get physical about it.

IF guns "cause crime" than how come our heavily armed regions here have on average less crime than Chicago (murder capital of the US) which bans "assault weapons" and has frozen registry of handguns?

I think guns cause crime like shit causes flies.

Gene

Last edited by GeneW; 11-09-2008 at 01:28 AM.
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #42
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
The kids

Shorty Mossberg 12 gauge

Congrats, that's a "Other Weapon" firearm, if the barrel is under 18 inches. In other words if it's not on the Registry you're gonna have some 'splaining to do.

Gene
Old 11-09-2008, 01:25 AM   #43
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
So I voted for Obama like everyone else, then I find out the Democrats are going to make it tough to buy new guns and may nix the CCW's
[/QUOTE]

Obama has his hands full with the economy to worry at this present time with firearms. At most we might see "gun show loophole" closures, which will essentially ban private transfers in the US.

CCWs? Twenty years ago most States were not CCW friendly. I think over forty today have some form of CCW. I cannot imagine the Democrats being stupid enough to piss off the "right" by taking away their licenses to carry (but not to shoot).

Heck, CCWs are fantastic gun registry data. You know who has a gun by going over these lists, plus it's voluntary compliance.

Gun nuts are safe at least until the first terrorist attack or Mall shooting comes along. Personally I think that Democrats remember 1994. They also gained control of the Congress by electing "Blue Dog" Democrats who are pretty Conservative. They won't want to lose control by enticing the NRA to call them "gun grabbers".

McCain supported the "gun show loophole closure" and said he'd sign a bill to ban "ugly guns" (aka Assault weapons). So it's not that much different.

BTW, if you were so worried about guns why did you vote for Obama? Don't you research candidates before you vote?

Gene
Old 11-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #44
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
lol why would you need a .50 Barett? the Geneva convention prohibits it's use against personnel.
Yeah, but you can damage "materiel", including their uniforms, gear and whatnot.

Quote:
you wanna hunt deer with that or buffalo or maybe a Yaris?
Some people want the most powerful thing of an item, like buying a Lamborghini Countache or some other crazy fast car that can go two or three times your local speed limits or a high speed motorbike that can go about as fast.

The practical uses of such a rifle are extreme long range shooting, up to and over one mile away.

The limitations of such a rifle are its extreme costs, especially for semi automatic models (well over $2,000 US), heavy weight (well over ten pounds) and muzzle blast (which will remove your hat if you're not careful). The cost per shot is also excessive, well over $1.00 US per round.

You're not going to see someone robbing the Corner Five and Dime with one of these things. They are very very large firearms.

What is disconcerting is the prospect of sniper attacks. They're not used for this purpose, at least in the US. I've read rumors that the Secret Service has been requesting some sort of regulation on these firearms for security reasons.

One wonders when the requests will extend to long range target rifles, which can deliver accurate shots out to a mile? This is the primary reason for resistance to regulating these firearms in the US. You bend on one firearm and next year the Activists want "more", gotta keep that Cause going.

Gene
Old 11-09-2008, 04:21 AM   #45
yarswiss
Albino truck smasher

Drives: '07 Yaris LB Auto
While I am morally against all forms of weapons designed to kill, I do find it reassuring to know that the US is probably the only country that cannot be defeated by invasion: since every citizen has the right to their own arsenal, an invading army would have one hell of a fight from all the citizenry!
yarswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #46
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
so anyone can get a gun legally without a permit?? why?? so a psycho can get a gun?

thats just not logical
Can captavise get a gun? I heard he is mentally endangered

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:04 AM   #47
*MAD DOG*

Drives: 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via MSN to *MAD DOG*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIPNGAS View Post
I'd have to research it...

I received an interesting email the other day about Australia (our Aussie members might be able to tell us if it's true or not) but I believe one of the statistics were that since carrying guns has been banned, violent crime has gone up 44%. I'm guessing because the criminals will always have guns and regular, law-abiding civilians are left largely unable to fight back.

PK... =)...lol..maybe it IS too cold...who knows...
Don't beleive everything you read in email. I really don't think violent crime has gone up 44% here in Australia, do you have any stats to back that up?

"Manual labour is not for me. In fact i'm not even sure non manual work is either." -Anthony Linton

Check out ▬▬► I like I like ◄▬▬ for more fun on Facebook
*MAD DOG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #48
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
dang..... what have I started
just wanted to show my new new revolver, and asked if anyone wanted to show off their pieces
It was an innocent question that started this...... or was it? Black Yaris you might have sounded innocent in the beginning but you knew that asking this question was like lighting a fuse or upsetting a keystone.

It has dragged our Canadian neighbors in, the Austalians...... LOL.

Back to your original question ....nice revolver..... now that things have advanced in the thread..... you might want to trade that revolver in for a Vulcan Gattling gun system when properly mounted will not transfer any recoil to the shooter.

BTW the Vulcan fires at 100 rounds per second

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:05 AM   #49
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAD DOG* View Post
Don't beleive everything you read in email. I really don't think violent crime has gone up 44% here in Australia, do you have any stats to back that up?
No..it was an email that rattled off statistics from a few countries that have prevented citizens from carrying guns...that's why I asked. I know you can't believe MOST of the information that's past around.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:07 AM   #50
MadMax

Quote:
doesn't the A10 Warthog have the Vulcan? if you mount one facing backwards on the Yaris your MPG will greatly improve lol
No, the Hawg has a GAU-8 30mm Gatling gun, the Vulcan is "only" 20mm.

The GAU-8 is awesome firepower, but it is the size of a Volkwagen Beetle...

Cheers! M2
Old 11-09-2008, 10:13 AM   #51
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Yup and the Vulcan is 20MM but the 30MM used in the A-10's are most effective with depleted uranium ammo for better penetration on a hard target......

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:14 AM   #52
MadMax

KCALB SIRAY

"The kids"

Glock 23

Nice! I have a LaserMax in my XD45, one of the first ones made. Some people don't like them, but mine has been great!

Shorty Mossberg 12 gauge

You have a Serbu Shorty? Sweet! I have a Mossy Persuader with a pistol grip for HD, with a 120-lumn SureFire 6P mounted on it plus a laser designator. I keep it loaded with 3" 00-buckshot Magnum shells, with some slugs on the side; so it is a real blunderbuss

Cheers! M2
Old 11-09-2008, 11:26 AM   #53
jclo3313
Super Moderator

Drives: Absolutely red Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to jclo3313
Romainian AKM, and a Bear Arms Baikal IJ-70 (Makarov) Pistol. I like old Com block weapons.
Makarov.jpgAK47_2.jpg

Obama Can't Gymkhana!
jclo3313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #54
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Quote:
lol why would you need a .50 Barett? the Geneva convention prohibits it's use against personnel. you wanna hunt deer with that or buffalo or maybe a Yaris?

Another ignorant Canadian, no surprise.

How about you head down to the range during one of the open days and see a .50 in action. If you think it'll be anything like in the movies, you'll be sorely disappointed. It'll leave a slightly bigger hole as opposed to say a .308, a bit more recoil on the user, and that's about it.

Mad Dog:

Check out your government statistics. Ignore the BS sugar-coating. You are living in one of the most violent G12 countries in the world.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote