Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #55
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
since the sparco evo3 is a sidemount you'd just need a base and then a set of side mounts that work.

I'll be looking into the bride stuff too.
Russelt3hPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:32 PM   #56
platypus

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris
not to ruin everyones fun, but why is everyone runny such skinny tires? 185, 195, 205? I went up to a 225-50-15 with no problems 15x7 +38 wheel, this thing corners like a go-kart
you put 225's on a 7" rim? Do you run low pressures to get the tread to lie flat on the track? It seems to me (being the veteran bench racer that I am) that a 225 is a bit wide to put on a 7" rim unless you're going for a bit of roundness in the tread (which can help with a more progressive breakaway).
platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:43 PM   #57
Th3 Hatch
DirtyPirateHooker

Drives: YAAARRRR
Send a message via AIM to Th3 Hatch
Drew runs a 275 on an 8" wheel for autox on the STi.

now that I've got russell it's time to start prepping for FSP.

suspension, wheels, another set of wheels w/ r-comps, and seats.
Th3 Hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM   #58
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

we test fit the 15x7 +23mm and 205/55 15s from my buddies xA last night.

got some photos, it pokes just a little too much for my taste.

although with some more camber it might be ok.

I love how the yaris has ZERO fender lip!

once we get the car on it's suspension then we'll be test fitting again and ordering up some street wheels for Russell :D
Old 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #59
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:30 PM   #60
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

the car is lowerd, and we're going to test fit the 15s again.

we've decided on street wheels but the wait is about to start to get them :)
Old 02-11-2007, 05:48 PM   #61
FlintArrow

Drives: Flint Mica 2007 Yaris S M.T.
Whats with the current trend of taking the factory offset and dividing it by 2?

A Yaris with ET22 wheels will only corner better if the result allows for a 10+ inch wide wheel and extremely wide tires. If your running 205-225's there is no need for a wheel wider than 8" and for that you definitely dont need a wheel pushed out to the fenders. All that much offset is going to do is wear out CV's, lose drivetrain power, make it handle quirky, and probably bang up your fenders. You might win some low-rider contests though.

At slow speeds wheels with improper offsets and funky alignment settings may make a vehicle feel likes it cornering better but it may just be a sensation. There is quite alot of engineering that goes into factory suspension settings despite the "wider is better" slogan coined by Pontiac (since when have you seen a Pontiac Grand Am murder a slalom?).

A Yaris in FSP would be very fun. You would have a blast at local matches but at nationals I doubt the 1nz and solid beam rear are going to win many trophies. Still, while its fun to be competitive it is not a necessity. I have had some of the most fun sliding around turning slow times than pulling fast times in my 2000 MR-S.

Sorry to sound like a party-pooper . I say auto-x the wheels off it! Get us some video footage while your there.

Its just nice to hear of couples racing and having fun together.
FlintArrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #62
KS SOLO

Drives: too many 2 list
SOLO FSP

I drove in the 2004 SCCA SOLO Nationals in FSP, we had some mechanical issues and did not do well that year. (yes i am blaming the car ;) ) I was the tire warmer in an 87 Renault GTA. I think the Yaris could do well, but that level of cars are really prepped. My guess is that locally you would do well in H Stock against the Mini's, or STS if you want to add springs, etc. Ordering my car tomorrow and getting the TRD shocks and springs, sway bar, etc and will probably solo in STS locally.
KS SOLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:22 PM   #63
NepsGD3

Drives: Honda Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
Is any one prepped (properly) for SCCA Solo2 Autox Class FSP?

My good friend is running his xA in FSP and doing very well.

Obviously there isn't much to be had with power, but Intake and Exhaust will help.

so I'm looking at the following

Wheels
R-comps
Springs
Struts (adjustable)
Strut Tower Bars
Anti Sway Bars

looking for Ideas, opinions, specific brands/parts ect.

I currently Autox a BSP Prepped STi, and my girlfried will be campaigning the yaris. :)
hey what color is your freinds XA...is it the white one with bronze rims...i have talked to a guy at the Equipe Rapide events that runs a XA in FSP ( most likley the same guy)...he looks real good out there
NepsGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:44 PM   #64
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

yeah he's good.

He's on the boards here.

a little update on the car.

we've got SilkRoad Coils and some 15x7 RE30s.

now we just need to see how russell does at the autox :)
Old 03-21-2009, 01:35 PM   #65
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
I've been giving this some thought, currently driving a subaru in Street modified.
My main deterrent in FSP with the yaris is POWER. I don't know if the intake manifold is legal in that class if it ever makes production. Also, my region has two people running in FSP. An accord and a BMW. Both cars (well both drivers) are fast as hell. To be competetive with them i think requires some more power. I don't think handling is this cars downfall as much as it's lack of torque or horsepower.
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 02:36 PM   #66
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
The Yaris does lack power . A helical LSD in a Yaris would make it a giant killer .

Here are both of my Yari at the Autox

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...MyMovie1-2.flv

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...nt=YarisIX.flv
Old 03-22-2009, 05:02 AM   #67
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
The Yaris does lack power . A helical LSD in a Yaris would make it a giant killer .

Here are both of my Yari at the Autox

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...MyMovie1-2.flv

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...nt=YarisIX.flv
Excellent! Do you mind if i PM you so as not to derail the O.P. thread?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #68
HTM Yaris
resident senior

Drives: 07 Yaris
I don't mind if you PM me .....
Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #69
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
Yeah, I was working towards prepping my Yaris for FSP, decided not to bother though it was a blast the few times I went and did it. Enough low-end torque to avoid shifting in and out of 2nd constantly will save your transmission if you can afford to build that route.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:07 AM   #70
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
I haven't been able to read the whole forum, but if you run the V710's or wider Hoosiers on 13 x 8's you'll get better gearing in the car and lighter rims. My Lenso's are under 9lbs each and Second gear is much better than running on 15's. It helps with the tighter 2nd gear turns.

I ran at the Porsche Club event last weekend and had a blast on old V710's (rubber was a bit hard), but it did relatively well PCA March 30 event
Alot of cars at this event ran R-comps. Especially the Miata's. Normally it's just Porsches and a few other cars, but this was kinda like an invitational for the various groups in our region. A friendly contest of the clubs of sorts.

A clip of the Yaris at the event with some morning runs, ebrake fun, spinouts and the last run of the day which was my best time for 8th out of 50 drivers (note: one guy drove two cars which didn't count).
Yaris at PCA event
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:02 AM   #71
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Threadjacking, I know, but tell your buddy in the xA that he'd probably improve his times if he turned off his radio, quit talking to his passenger and kept both hands on the wheel (never hand-over-hand or 1-hand). Some very basic AutoX stuff, and focus is everything in AutoX. Cheers!
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #72
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoyaris View Post
I haven't been able to read the whole forum, but if you run the V710's or wider Hoosiers on 13 x 8's you'll get better gearing in the car and lighter rims. My Lenso's are under 9lbs each and Second gear is much better than running on 15's. It helps with the tighter 2nd gear turns.

I ran at the Porsche Club event last weekend and had a blast on old V710's (rubber was a bit hard), but it did relatively well PCA March 30 event
Alot of cars at this event ran R-comps. Especially the Miata's. Normally it's just Porsches and a few other cars, but this was kinda like an invitational for the various groups in our region. A friendly contest of the clubs of sorts.

A clip of the Yaris at the event with some morning runs, ebrake fun, spinouts and the last run of the day which was my best time for 8th out of 50 drivers (note: one guy drove two cars which didn't count).
Yaris at PCA event
Nice results. There are a lot of chinese where you live, eh?