Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
RosscoPCole

Drives: 2005 1.3 Colour Collection
I'm leaking!

Help!
The spare wheel well of my 2005 Colour Collection is filling with water and so it the passenger side rear light. I'm having to empty the well every week as once it filled up so much it overspilled into the rear footwells.
Any suggestions?
RosscoPCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 PM   #2
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
My! Does it rain a lot, or do you park under a river? The common suggestion for water leaks on this forum is a clogged A/C drain hose from the air box... but I can't imagine it would overflow the floor in just a week. To check it, look for drainage on the ground underneath the car, inside the right wheel, while using A/C in hot and humid weather... or look under the A/C fan assembly for the rubber hose, disconnect it and stick something in it to remove any potential clogging.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 AM   #3
Vinceb

Drives: 2008 5 Speed Sedan
so, spare wheel well... we're talking in the trunk? and passenger side rear light..... thats a lot of water. check the rubber seals around the trunk lid first, then check the seals around the light housing itself - chances are it's one of those. if not, take the spare tire out and check the bottom. My trunk has several holes in the bottom which have rubber grommets in them (yes they're supposed to be there). One other thing I noticed was in the trunk, on the drivers side, there is an air vent to the outside of the vehicle, not sure what it's for but it's about 3" x 6" and has a rubber flap covering it, this can also allow water into the vehicle.
Vinceb is offline   Reply With Quote