Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #19
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
Ironically, my 8-year old battery was probably just fine. It was probably just empty, since he jump started it and the car turned on without a problem. It's really old so I figured to just replace it anyway.
A car with a dead (not just drained) battery will run fine once jumped. It is relying on the alternator to supply electrical current. The problem is, once you shut the car down again you will discover the battery has lost its ability to hold a charge.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #20
JohnnyRockets

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
A car with a dead (not just drained) battery will run fine once jumped. It is relying on the alternator to supply electrical current. The problem is, once you shut the car down again you will discover the battery has lost its ability to hold a charge.
Ah, got it. Good I purchased a new one then. And supposedly AAA honors their batteries with a 6 year warranty too
JohnnyRockets is offline   Reply With Quote