Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-15-2006, 02:37 PM   #1
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
Performance exhaust systems for yaris

quick question

i have put a performance muffler on my yaris , it sounds awesome , but the guys i spoke to who fitted it for me said that buy fitting an exhaust system , wont make any differnce to the yaris , as they said that all the new cars comming out now days , are designed for that exhaust only , i find it hard to believe cause we all know a complete exhaust system helps , but at the same time i havent even seen TRD or anyone relaese a complete exhaust for a yaris??
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #2
riceboy

Drives: icebox
http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_muffler.html
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
BulletProofAuto

Drives: 00 itr
anything that you can do to decrease back pressure and increase exhaust velocity will help.
BulletProofAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by john@bp
anything that you can do to decrease back pressure and increase exhaust velocity will help.

...to a point, yes.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
Well... you must know than all exhaust modifications on N/A cars give a very very small power gain. I doesn't matter if you choose a muffler only or a full cat-back exhaust system. Peoples will modify thier exhaust at first for the sound. The gain was so small that many people are agree to tell it was more like "psychological HPs".

I own many expensive full cat-back exhaust system on my previous cars and I always think I have a noticeable power gain. But this gain is totally psychological, I admit... only because my car is doing a lot more noice, I think it was more powerfull.

If you want to feel a noticable power gain, you must get all the "bolt-ons" mods on your car. The real power gain is coming from all this mods together, not from each components alone... the "bolt-ons" mods on a car is :

- Cold air intake system
- Full cat-back exhaust system
- Headers
- Cams (may not be considered as a "bolt-on")
Old 08-16-2006, 12:49 AM   #6
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
I'm going to be sizing up a Flowmaster 60 Series Delta Flow to see if it'll fit under there (different shape as opposed to the stock unit) and if it will, I'll be having my good-ol-country-boy exhaust guy bend and weld me up some pipes, hangers, and flanges to match up... I just like the Flowmaster's tone the most, very deep and throaty, even on these small displacement engines. I may also look into replacing some of the other components with mandrel bent pipes if the stock stuff seems to be restrictive. I'd love a new header, anyone know if anyone but TRD will be doing one, the TRD unit is just expensive. I'll let everyone know what I come up with on the exhaust once I get around to it, and as far as the other components go, would anyone be interested in mandrel bent pipes if everything goes well and I can provide them at a reasonable price?
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:12 AM   #7
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
^ You can SEARCH "header" and find a few posts talking about the TRD and others that are coming out.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote